LegacyGT.com

Project Spec.B #163

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interested to hear your impression of that brake upgrade kit. Have been eyeing that for a while.
I'll definitely post a review. I'm doing the rotor/pad install and going to let my mechanic fight with the SS lines and do the fluid flush/fill - this will help me feel the differences between the different parts as well. I wasn't planning on lines but the kit came with them at a great price.

EDM it is then and not bothered much about the smudges, all about the bling blang haha!!!

Maybe someday down the road you can buy my Brembo setup and fund my Brembo setup ;)

You going 6 pot JDM Brembos?

You going 6 pot JDM Brembos?

And just to be over the top, Brembo makes a 4 pot rear setup just for overkill ;)

355mm slotted two piece front and 332mm slotted one piece rear... At that point I would most certainly have some wider wheels and super sticky tires to even begin taking advantage LOL

That setup is amazing - I've checked it out before. If you ever go that route I'd gladly assist in funding it and taking your Brembos :cool:

You'll be the first I let know but it may be a little while yet haha!

Satin black and no this is a brush on kit... At least I don't have to worry about overspray :rolleyes:

SS lines and fluids will be after my rotor and pad install. I'm actually interested to see if there's any noticeable gains.

Citka mentioned something about a powder coating kit...

Weekend project (car's filthy):

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/specB%202013/98F7EF65-9FE2-4667-A5CA-102150475B3B-1422-00000149D2B2591A.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/specB%202013/4E0C6F5D-F9E6-4F36-8817-5F09248185EF-1422-00000149CEBA6175.jpg

Still need to do the lines and fluid flush/fill with super blue. Going to bed them in tonight (still waiting for full cure on painting calipers). Had to deal with the craptastic paint job someone did on the calipers in red. Bolts were painted over, as well as dust boots on the slide pins. Even the pad clips were painted over so lots of paint stripping, and relubed up all the slide pins, and anti seize for all bolts. Brush on paint kit was fine as the paint was self leveling, did the second coat and have plenty of paint left for touch ups down the road if necessary. Even repainted the front rotor shields that were looking pretty bad. Probably have Doc do up some new SUBARU front caliper decals in silver when I put the summer wheels on.

Archived