LegacyGT.com

Project Spec.B #163

Big fan of the bucktooth delete lol. It's a quite a bit easier too (fewer pieces) when you aren't running a FMIC to hack up the bumper.

So you seem a bit unsure what to do about your front end... perhaps we need to discuss your options? Money being the only real deciding factor.

It's not "where there's a will, there's a way", it's "if you have the money, you can do just about anything" :spin:

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm thinking more along the lines of a full car respray in TSM.

Thats probable costly. Id just bring it to a good detailer. Like somebody detailers domain recommends from nasioc.

I want the rear JDM rev D-F bumper so I can has that foglight!!! Hard to find one though that is designed more for quad tips than for big circle tips though I have done quite a bit of hacking to my front JDM bumper :lol:

Never been too keen on the coffee can look...

Thats probable costly. Id just bring it to a good detailer. Like somebody detailers domain recommends from nasioc.
I detailed long ago (probably around your age) and understand paint correction techniques. Not going to fix the issues I speak of. Clear coat failure on the passenger C pillar, few gouges up front, scratches beyond the clear, and some sandblasting on the doglegs and passenger rear door. I understand the cost but once it has a quality job done (not shitty Subaru job), the TSM color will really look good. I just can't justify it until this thing isn't my DD, since we have winters that beat the crap out of the exterior.

I detailed long ago (probably around your age) and understand paint correction techniques. Not going to fix the issues I speak of. Clear coat failure on the passenger C pillar, few gouges up front, scratches beyond the clear, and some sandblasting on the doglegs and passenger rear door. I understand the cost but once it has a quality job done (not shitty Subaru job), the TSM color will really look good. I just can't justify it until this thing isn't my DD, since we have winters that beat the crap out of the exterior.

I hear ya! I planned on this becoming my summer car only one day, but im buying a bike this weekend so it will now be more of my rainy/winter car.... :eek:

Saw you driving on the west side of town the other day. I could tell that something nice was coming from a ways off and was pleasantly surprised when your car passed mine. Headlights look great (it was around dusk) and I'm envious of your other exterior mods.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite pleased with the new grill :cool:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/specB%202013/null-3-1.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/specB%202013/null-5.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/specB%202013/null-4-1.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/specB%202013/null-2-2.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/specB%202013/null-6.jpg

• 2 months later...

No not at the moment :(. Just moved a month ago so play funds were hampered a bit. Have some things in the works plan wise. Got some injectors I'm picking up locally, then turbo decision (thinking STi fitment Blouch 16G-XTR) for stage 3, and a CBE (likely Nameless Performance).

This winter I'm going to have a couple things powdercoated, likely a fresh front bumper, and I'm going to tackle audio upgrades (JDM dual din with a Pioneer non-nav HU, Focal components, subs, amp rack and my OG McIntosh 6-channel amp to run it all).

• 1 month later...
Thanks Dan! Progress has been slowed a bit due to varying priorities, but there will be a major refresh by spring next year! Next up on the radar is the timing belt service... should be handling that in the next couple weeks. Then back to the fun projects :D

Thanks Dan! Progress has been slowed a bit due to varying priorities, but there will be a major refresh by spring next year! Next up on the radar is the timing belt service... should be handling that in the next couple weeks. Then back to the fun projects :D

Yeah damn other priorities always getting in the way of modding

I would love to see your car up close. Are there ever any G2G's for the non-Portland Oregon memebers?

There's been some Subaru meets here in central Oregon, but nothing Legacy specific. I'll be making a run up to Caps 'N Taps in Camas, WA for some craft beer and a gathering of some PNW LGTs :cool:

Well I will have to keep my eye out for andy Subaru meets in the area. I think they have a few every once in a while in Medford which is much closer to me.

• 1 month later...

While not exciting... getting some maintenance tackled this weekend. Just hit 105K and will be completing the following:

Gates Timing Belt kit

Subaru H2O pump and gasket

Possibly cam seals if needed upon inspection

Samco Silicone Upper/Lower Rad hoses

Group N Engine mounts

Oil change w/ Rotella T6

Also during the Samco GB I grabbed the turbo inlet and BPV return lines with the aforementioned radiator hoses. I'm also in on the Grimmspeed GB for a new alt cover as well, since I don't like how the Subtle one interferes with the EBCS where I've got it mounted. Planning on custom powder coating both the alt cover and the Subtle rad shroud I have now.

2014 will be another transformation - I've been slowly acquiring parts that will take me to stage 3 :cool: There will be plenty more pictures then and hopefully some dyno results once I finish deciding/procuring everything I'm thinking of.

Stay tuned ;)

Archived