LegacyGT.com

My '06 spec B guage solution...on nav screen

lilbrudder

Not a priority at the moment for me now either, but when I'm ready I'll do some inquiring with the app developers that are supported to see if they will support video out. Great point though BAC.

Definitely something I'll dig into during the winter months when I have more time.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About the same for me.

What I really want is my iPhone screen mirrored on the OE dash, gestures and all.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

That is brilliant!

I would love to get something like this working with my screen - it is a JDM Kenwood 2004 MY and different to yours in that it does not have an AUX input - Do you know if I am likely tobe able to use the Sat Nav round cable connector to input video - or is this just for data?

How do you get video out from the Droid?

I have a HTC Desire HD and only a micro USB port... Have you done yours through the USB port or does it have a video out?

Cheers :cool:

I don't know how you get video out from the droid, as I think it depends on which Android model you have. Regarding the round Kenwood connector, the video signal is an RGB connection. This is different than the yellow composite input in the other models. If your droid can't output VGA, you could consider a CarPC connected to the round connector using SSM or something.

See the highlighted part below:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119317

P.S. This is the pinout for the GVN53(KNA-G510), but the highlighted pins are what is used to connect to the video of the factory nav HU.

Dade, there is a video RCA terminal on the back of the OE screen.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

perfect solution for me since I am running torque all the time. Does anyone know if it will work with Incredible too? I mean the video out part

too or two? If too, than yes, that is in the very first line of the OP. If two, than probably.

Doing a bit of reading on the Torque site, you can submit a request on their forum for updates and additions. Maybe IAM could be included in a future update?

The OBDII you linked is a CAN-BUS scanner, which I think will only work up to and including 06. 07+ is different... just like VAGCOM vs. Tactrix..

Can anyone verify that?

The Bluetooth OBD-II reader linked uses the ELM327 chipset. This works with 9 different OBD-II protocols, and works on my 2008 spec B (I have this model too). In fact it works on many different types of vehicles, not just Subaru's. I decided to pursue the SSM (Subaru Select Monitor) protocol instead because you have direct ECM access and can read more data than is available via the OBD-II connection. This is Subaru specific.

Torque is a great app, though I'm looking to develop my own gauge panel using the SSM. I don't want to have to plug in my phone every time I drive my car. :)

Just heard back from the torque programmer, he says you can program extended PID's through the settings menu. Anyone done this? I have the menu up, says I need the equation....anyone?

Which PID are you trying to read? Check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs

FYI, I was unable to read any PID's greater than 60. Here's a list of the PID's supported on my 2008 spec.B:

01: Monitor status since DTCs cleared.

03: Fuel system status

04: Calculated engine load value

05: Engine coolant temperature

06: Short term fuel % trim—Bank 1

07: Long term fuel % trim—Bank 1

0B: Intake manifold absolute pressure

0C: Engine RPM

0D: Vehicle speed

0E: Timing advance

0F: Intake air temperature

10: MAF air flow rate

11: Throttle position

12: Commanded secondary air status

13: Oxygen sensors present

15: Bank 1, Sensor 2: Oxygen sensor voltage, Short term fuel trim

1C: OBD standards this vehicle conforms to

1F: Run time since engine start

21: Distance traveled with malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on

24: O2S1_WR_lambda(1): Equivalence Ratio Voltage

2E: Commanded evaporative purge

2F: Fuel Level Input

30: # of warm-ups since codes cleared

31: Distance traveled since codes cleared

32: Evap. System Vapor Pressure

33: Barometric pressure

34: O2S1_WR_lambda(1): Equivalence Ratio Current

3C: Catalyst Temperature Bank 1, Sensor 1

41: Monitor status this drive cycle

42: Control module voltage

43: Absolute load value

44: Command equivalence ratio

45: Relative throttle position

46: Ambient air temperature

47: Absolute throttle position B

49: Accelerator pedal position D

4A: Accelerator pedal position E

4C: Commanded throttle actuator

4D: Time run with MIL on

4E: Time since trouble codes cleared

51: Fuel Type

5A: Relative accelerator pedal position

Oh, so close...I am trying to get IAM(ignition advance multiplier). you almost made my day.

So before I throw this out there, be aware that the ECM of your 06 is likely different than my 08, and therefore may support different PID's. In fact, I am going to compile a utility so that you can easily read the supported PID's. You'll need a laptop that has Bluetooth, as it won't run on android (runs on Windows).

The reason I moved away from the OBD-II specification is because you can't read certain PID's, as they are not exposed by the ECM on the OBD-II protocol. You can however, read IAM using SSM. It's PID P90 (0x0000F9). Sadly, you won't be able to read this through Torque via OBD-II. If you want to read this value and others, I'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

There is not one for his JDM model. It is only included in the USDM model.:)

Whoops, missed that it was a JDM model. Good catch.

Can you increase the baud rate on an Android serial port over Bluetooth? If you did have latency issues, you could increase the baud rate from 9600 (default) to 115200. The ELM327 chipset can support rates at that level. Don't know if Torque would support that, but if not, that may be something to mention to their developers.

Hey that's great! Were you able to install on your phone? I couldn't get.net 4 to install...

Are you able to see your IAM?

You cannot run this on your phone. Please use a Windows PC (XP thru Win8) which has the .NET Framework 4.0 installed on it. Pair your OBD reader to your laptop (requires Bluetooth on the laptop), and run this app. Point it to the appropriate COM port and baud rate.

As previously mentioned, you cannot monitor IAM via OBD-II. There is no PID specified for IAM in the current OBD-II specification that I'm aware of. Even if there was a PID for it, your ECM would need to make it available to the OBD-II interface. This is why I wrote this app, so that you can see which PID's are supported by your ECM, not just the default ones Torque has listed. Should work on most vehicles, not just Subaru's.

I am able to monitor IAM using a Tactrix cable (not OBD-II, but uses the same plug) via SSM. This is a totally different method, which gives you direct access to your ECM, including modifying/flashing firmware. I am just using it for monitoring additional data which is not exposed via the OBD-II interface. Torque is not made for use with the SSM protocol.

• 3 weeks later...

As written in the Torque thread...

Ahhhh CRAP! So my Mini USB to RCA cable that I ordered is a fake! Kind of impossible for a digital signal to be converted to analog in a cable. Now I had to download an app for my rooted phone to mirror everything on my phone (HDMwIn) to HDMI, buy a micro HDMI to standard HDMI cable, and buy a HDMI In to Composite Out converter box. I still need to make my custom 3 Input/ 1 Output A/V selector switch to install somewhere on the center console so I can keep the WDTV Live, have my phone sync in to the OEM Navi unit, and have a 3rd input open in case I want to to add a PlayStation or other video game system (I know... I know... THE RICE!!!). So many projects now and I have a 3 week old son at home.

All this just to have a new stock looking rotary switch knob installed on the console and to have a few more inputs. here's the new real rough schematic I'm going to have to run and the only visible difference that'll be on the console.

Schematic.thumb.jpg.e00800e5ff4d52686d6446f111118b16.jpg

1225450449_SelectorKnob.thumb.jpg.0e465a5a409439b8321ca766fbf4038f.jpg

• 1 month later...

Torque seems to be a much more viable option than DashCommand. Can anyone confirm this on the LGTs? All the reviews i read on dashcommand (because I have an iPad with mount in the car) say that its laggy and half the intrumentation doesnt work. Is that because people don't know to increase the baud rate(is that a possibility on DC?) or is it a failure on the software?

I can get an inexpensive android tablet just to run Torque, but i'd rather use my ipad.

You guys that have contact with Torque, do you know if they're coming to iOS anytime soon?

Trying to avoid wasting $50 on DC if it doesnt function and if Torque Pro is coming

I have an 08 LGT so i guess i need to figure out what OBD-II sender to use

Archived