LegacyGT.com

"Bullet Proof" TMIC Kits

To all those who have inquired, it seems like there's enough interest to at least make another small batch. I'll look at scheduling and come up with a timeline for when additional kits will be available. If you are interested, please send me a PM with your email address and I can notify folks with updates and availability.

Thanks.

PM sent! Hopefully the interest sticks around to get a batch made :)

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I Donated
Anyone know what kind of wtq numbers on a vf40 this can handle?

That's really not how this works. It's psi that blows intercooler end tanks off, not torque. And as BMB implies, you're going to run out of turbo well before you run high enough psi to defeat this kit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • I Donated Too
long time since I had a stock TMIC but when I did and mine was leaking, I used to pinch the tabs tighter with long handled pliers and it fixed the leak so a Bullet Proof kit will do the same and keep them tight. Probably will fix the issue permanently...

I found an image of one with the end tanks off and it is just a rubber gasket sealing the edge so as long as that isn't torn, ripped, etc. clamping it closed in any way should fix the leak. Now to see if the gasket on mine is okay or not.

I found an image of one with the end tanks off and it is just a rubber gasket sealing the edge so as long as that isn't torn, ripped, etc. clamping it closed in any way should fix the leak. Now to see if the gasket on mine is okay or not.

• Moderators

In general, over the years there have been many members that have been able to fix damaged TMICs with the kits. Unless the separation is so bad that the internal gasket is coming out, I'd venture that it's fixable. THAT SAID, I do not market the kit as a fix for damaged / leaking intercoolers, mostly because I simply can't guarantee that to be the case whereas I can absolutely guarantee that a properly BP'ed TMIC will not develop leaks due to increased boost pressure.

I have a slew of emails in my inbox and will get back to everyone in next couple days. If you need anything related to kits just email me at barmanbean@gmail.com. I have a list going of those who still have interest (no obligation necessary) and will provide full kit details / instructions to anyone who wished to try and make their own.

Edited by BarManBean

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators

In general, over the years there have been many members that have been able to fix damaged TMICs with the kits. Unless the separation is so bad that the internal gasket is coming out, I'd venture that it's fixable. THAT SAID, I do not market the kit as a fix for damaged / leaking intercoolers, mostly because I simply can't guarantee that to be the case whereas I can absolutely guarantee that a properly BP'ed TMIC will not develop leaks due to increased boost pressure.

I have a slew of emails in my inbox and will get back to everyone in next couple days. If you need anything related to kits just email me at barmanbean@gmail.com. I have a list going of those who still have interest (no obligation necessary) and will provide full kit details / instructions to anyone who wished to try and make their own.

Edited by BarManBean

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I can't wait till these are done! I am really happy you are still producing these. This will be a huge help with what my current goals of the car are.

Me, too! BarManBean to the rescue. :)

It makes the TMIC like it should have come from Subaru... bullet proof.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Moderators

OK. Large batch of material is cut and ready for machine shop. I'll get it over there this week or beginning of next. As soon as it is at the shop, I'll open up ordering for the number of kits being produced. If it gets anywhere close to filling out, I'll prep more material and drop it off when I pick up the first round from the shop.

Thanks to everyone that continues to express interest, I'm sorry for the delays and lack of communication.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
When I was deciding if I should get a fixit kit or a new cooler I saw a cooler with a fixit kit on the classifieds just a few wks ago. Think it was really cheap too. Browse around in there. If I come across it I’ll post it here