LegacyGT.com

5mt gear oil

meier motor sports

• Mega Users
once the oem came out i used redline 75w90ns for the trans and reg redline 75w90 for the rear diff. any other more easily sourced options out there? wouldnt mind trying lucas in my trans and diff but not sure which

I have lucas in right now, it performs fine.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

3 quarts of redline Lightweight Shockproof, 1 quart of Motul Gear300 75W90.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Amazon, or get a shop like AZP to ship you some.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

again looking for over the counter. i want to walk into a store and walk out with parts in hand. cash and carry. not looking to order online and also not looking to make a cocktail. would love to just go with extra s but no one wants to split some and i dont need to be prepared for trans service for the next 240k

Sounds like you are out of luck, then.

I've never seen a parts store that has carried anything I'd ever consider putting in my transmission.

or chose something that is readily available.

:lol: Looks like you got a 27 mile drive ahead of you for some redline if you don't want to use the other stuff.

Also, the Redline is readily available. 27 miles away.

or chose something that is readily available.

Do you want to do what is right, or what is convenient? It's your transmission.

3 quarts of redline Lightweight Shockproof, 1 quart of Motul Gear300 75W90.

Been using this combo for a little over 2k miles. Trans feels nice and smooth.

Plus it helps I can get all of it from Extremepsi.com since I live right by them :)

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Do you want to do what is right, or what is convenient? It's your transmission.

is valvoline 75 w 90 ful syn not the right specified gear oil for a subaru 5mt?:rolleyes:

just asking if any one has any positive or neg experiences with it. red line was fine but now at 60k later it feels pretty shitty. not sure why i would pay more plus ship stuff around to use redline when i could walk into any local auto zone pepboys or carquest....etc and get other non race car fluids. i dont drive a race car, i drive a subaru and i am pretty sure you do as well.

$56 for a galon of 75w90ns or $36 for 4q ofvalvoline in the store blocks away. i can also pick up my spark plugs filters and any other item in one stop. heck they deliver to my house, shop or neighbors house for free and you get money back on each ship to home order. maybe you can lend me some extra cash you have laying around so i can feel cool and use the ever so popular redline or motul or mix of what ever else:rolleyes:

Not all 75W90's are created equal. The redline 75W90NS, in particular, sucks.

It's not about using race car fluids, it's about using high quality fluids.

I do drive a Subaru. I've owned 7 (6 with the 5MT), and I've got more experience with these gearboxes than you'd think.

As I said, there is no trans fluid available at an average auto parts store that I would ever run in my car. I'll spend the ~$65 for the Motul/Redline mix, and know its done right. It's not a race car, but its also not a Corolla. The price difference is marginal compared to the peace of mind in using high quality fluids.

If buying it over the counter is that important to you, it's all about the same. You'll find mediocre performance, and mediocre durability. Just get whatever GL-5 is on sale.

• Mega Users

lucas 75w90, front and rear. it has performed perfectly fine in the 23,000 miles its been in my transmission. Most likely I will go with Extra S the next time, as the pricing is the same compared to lucas at the parts store around me.

I dont need unicorn semen in my gear box/diff, I'm driving a subaru here.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Archived