LegacyGT.com

Legs getting really hot after DP install...

Justin3390

Interstate? I thought this was on back roads. :)

Infamous and some of the other tuners can provide you with a tune for your COBB AP so you can load/log with it.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Justin, there are several tuners in the MA area that can tune your car very well and most likely tell you if there are any issues with your dp. I personally have used Mike from Tuning Alliance and he is a great tuner to work with. Shamar is also very good but it would be an etune.

Edit: Forgot to mention that i also have the perrin catted downpipe which is wrapped and it does rub up against the firewall but i do not experience any extra heat and have not received complaints from my passengers.

The following two posts got me in trouble at work for laughing so loud though.

dude, that aint right. I've had my perrin catted installed for line 8 months now and that's never happened to me, its not even wrapped.

you might have shingles or sumthing go to the doctor

It's lupus

Paint the following is where the 6900 came from

lmao no no i don't think its shingles. Idk it just feels a lot warmer then it was before. It probable didn't help that i was full of fiberglass too. Must have been a heat flash....also the car threw a P0244 code this morning on the way to work, overboosting with 16.5psi then tapering down to 13 at 6900rpm? everyone that i read that has gotten that code was running a catless downpipe and like 18 psi, and some around 20.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

thanks for the clarification on the 6900 rpm thing korpsepatrol lol but yea im looking at some etunes but i dont have a windows computer, i only have a mac. I'm trying to get a laptop so i can put all of the AP software on it and go from there

I have to noticed that a lot of extra heat is coming into the cabin when driving. Did you find the cause of this? Same downpipe (CNT) but in a 5EAT. Just what I like is some extra heat on 100+ degree days. Downpipe isnt wrapped or anything either. I had a Invidia DP before and never had this issue.

• Mega Users
Subbed for a lesson from most likely from bac on heat retaining properties from pipes made from crappy metals (if the case here)
"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Archived