LegacyGT.com

Strut and Springs Question

LegacyKid5

So I'm looking at picking up some Spec B struts with Tein H tech springs fo rmy 05 LGT wagon currently on stock suspension. I'm looking to slightly lower my car and improve handling without making the ride too harsh as it is my daily driver. My question is how much of an improvement in comparisson will this setup offer over stock and in the future if I were to run an 18 inch wheel, I shouldn't have any issue rubbing with a 225/40/18 tire and with a 1/2 saggy butt spacer in the bag should I be pretty even in the drop? Thanks in advance.

The only reason I was looking at the specB struts was that I have a pretty good deal on a set with the tein h tech springs, top hats and saggy but spacers all put together. Would you say there is quite a bit of difference?

koni is generally a better damper than tokico. i personally dont have alot of experience with tokico, and only a few members have had them and reviews have been mixed. I do know that they need spec b top hats and assorted hardware.

I know I was unimpressed with the tokicos I had on my last car. I was always jealous of my buddies re-valved koni's and ground control coilovers.

I have Koni's on my LGT now and love them.

What do you do if you want koni's but don't want to hack up your struts? Thats the biggest reason i'm put off in getting a set. I have no work space so i have to take nearly everything to my mechanic, who doesnt like jobs that arent bolt on / drop in.

a knowledgeable mechanic or machine shop should be able to to the Koni install. I would easily do them as the amount of work is minimal but you dont get any sort of warranty or anything if you do it yourself....if you screw up it is on you. The reviews on Koni's are impeccable and there is a good reason why people use them. I cannot wait to get mine

What do you do if you want koni's but don't want to hack up your struts? Thats the biggest reason i'm put off in getting a set. I have no work space so i have to take nearly everything to my mechanic, who doesnt like jobs that arent bolt on / drop in.

some places like AZP installs IIRC sell pre-assembled units for alittle extra $$$ or maybe core charge return. that way you get fully install-able units for your mechanic.

Archived