LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Speakers + Factory HU

need bb

I am keeping my factory HU and don't want an amp. Without an amp I know it will never sound great but I just want a small improvement over stock. Any suggestions for a 6.5" speaker that will work well with stock HU power? I have read some cheap $25 Pioneers aren't that bad and work well it low power.

Thanks

Your front speakers in your LGT have separate tweeters (look beside the door handles). You're going to need what is known as a component system where the tweeter is separated from the woofer in the lower part of the door. See here for Crutchfield's selection. IMHO, replacing the stock speakers with $25 Pioneers would be an enormous waste of your time.

Your front speakers in your LGT have separate tweeters (look beside the door handles). You're going to need what is known as a component system where the tweeter is separated from the woofer in the lower part of the door. See here for Crutchfield's selection. IMHO, replacing the stock speakers with $25 Pioneers would be an enormous waste of your time.

Is there a reason the OP can't just leave his OEM tweets in their factory locations & replace his OEM mids w/ a set of coaxials & run them full range?

I agree. Your OEM system will most likely sound better w/ the OEM speakers considering no aftermarket external amplifier will be used.

Is there a reason the OP can't just leave his OEM tweets in their factory locations & replace his OEM mids w/ a set of coaxials & run them full range?

Good point, I suppose he could.

Whether you will be heading w/ components or coaxials, choose accorindgly. ...& when I mean "accordingly," I am talking about the sensitivity of the drivers.

Q: TehRicer, teh fvvck is "sensitivity" of a driver (speaker)?

A: Speaker sensitivity will generally be given as a SPL measurement taken at 1 meter on axis with a 2.83 volt input (1 watt @ 8 ohms). The higher the SPL, the more sensitive/efficient the speaker is generally speaking.

^key word is "efficient." To keep it short, keep in mind that the higher the sensitivity of a speaker, the better it will SUIT in YOUR application. Your application of course being low power or no use of an external amplifier.

Archived