LegacyGT.com

New battery. Tried 2 alternators. Still no charge.

First test drive slash road tune. Got to parts store. Came back out. Nothing. Just clicks.

Get it jumpped to get it going. Get back home. Battery acted dead after just 3-5 starts while tuning the idle again. Charged battery. Started up. But volt gauge in the laptop reads below 12. Like the alternator was doing nothing. Volts actually dropped with reving.

So I thought. Must be alternator. Swapped in my spare and same thing. Any ideas?

Even if the new battery is toast. I should still get over 12 volts from the alternator.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using TapaTalk 2

I wonder if a guy could just find what pin is for that light and get it to work that way. Just jump a wire to ground on the dash harness

What is your reason for not putting your dash back in?

I'm not that familiar with Subarus (YET) but I know that other cars need the dash hooked up for the battery to charge.

What about just plugging the dash in? for a test?

Pretty simple process. Test battery. Test alternator with load. If output is good, test battery cables for resistence. If the battery is going dead, you either have a short, the alternator is not outputting power or the wires to the battery aren't letting the charge through.

The dash thing sounds like a whole other story. Ya, get everything connected. ;)

Pretty simple process. Test battery. Test alternator with load. If output is good, test battery cables for resistence. If the battery is going dead, you either have a short, the alternator is not outputting power or the wires to the battery aren't letting the charge through.

The dash thing sounds like a whole other story. Ya, get everything connected. ;)

^^^how hard do you think it would be to change the battery cables on the Subaru ?

It was the dash. Got my there dash in the wagon and shes throwing down 13 plus volts again to the system. Which messed up my whole tune cause the voltage has a direct effect on the open and close time of the Injectors.

• I Donated
was it brok that said if the battery light is blown it won't charge? Or am I being mental?

Yes I did say that.

The battery light in the gauge cluster completes the charging circuit. So if the light is blown or missing....or if you're driving with your gauge cluster unplugged your alternator won't charge.

Sorry I didn't get in on this thread earlier. I was busy being banned haha.

I'm glad to see though that something I said only once like a year ago was remembered though! Shows that people actually pay attention to what I say........sometimes haha

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

There are several reasons I can't believe the guy in that picture.

1. He is a weather man.

2. He is a cartoon.

3. He is black.

disclaimer - I'm really not racist. I couldn't resist on that one! hahahaha

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• 4 weeks later...
...voltage has a direct effect on the open and close time of the Injectors...

Whoa. Time out for a second. I would like to know in detail how voltage affects the injectors. You see, one of the things I did to start my car was fabricate a ground from a copper wired cord because I could not find a circuit that was open before I rebuilt the starter & if it could be affecting my injectors in anyway, I might have a good reason to remove it. I haven't run the car since yesterday but I can tell that because of the ground, my stereo sounds more clear & my car starts up immediately (much faster than any of my old Subarus, which took a few turns.) Still, everyone know that s**t happens & it happened to me once with this car. I'd like to prevent any more mishaps! Lol!

Don't worry. all you did was allow more amps to flow around. Not more volts. The Injectors are wired into the ecu. And the stock ecu makes up for voltage different on its own.

So does my standalone but it needs to be tweek to be just right.

Your car is fine.

Archived