LegacyGT.com

Mike, the difference is that there were no fwd 4cyl compact turbo cars at the time. I doubt you would have been turboing that Sentra if there were a forced induction option.

There IS a LegacyGT.

A Honda would have been far easier. Or a SR20DE-T. There were not even turbo "kits" for my B-13. It was all custom, Lol. I bought it for $6500 brand spanking new off the lot. 4speed manual, no intermittent wipers (just low and high), not even a cigarette lighter. AM/FM radio (no tape). Bare friggin bones (I was 17 and it was my first new car and I was paying for it myself).

9 years, 113k miles and over $30k invested later I sold it for $4k. Paid for the concrete and sod in the back yard of my first house.

See, cool life stories from a money pit. Lol.

I pay $73 a month for full coverage $500/$300K limits and $250/$0 deductibles. I also dont have tickets, claims, or bad credit.

When quoted for a LGT i would end up paying around $90 a month. Not too bad.

So, let's see. According to a recent KBB study, the average American keeps a car for 4 years. That amounts to an extra $800 in insurance premiums for an LGT over a 2.5i. So that debunks the "well a 2.5i is cheaper to insure so it will cost less in the long run" argument :rolleyes:.

Source: http://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the-latest/average-length-of-us-vehicle-ownership-hit-an-all_time-high/

So, let's see. According to a recent KBB study, the average American keeps a car for 4 years. That amounts to an extra $800 in insurance premiums for an LGT over a 2.5i. So that debunks the "well a 2.5i is cheaper to insure so it will cost less in the long run" argument :rolleyes:.

Source: http://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the-latest/average-length-of-us-vehicle-ownership-hit-an-all_time-high/

So what is the point

I flew out and drove mine 700 miles home too. I live in the land of Subarus, but saved almost $6k by going to somewhere where they aren't that popular, the plane ticket cost me $150...

Thanks, and like many people will say, turboing a non-turbo car is not the best course of action one can take. But for me it was, and I plan on upgrading brakes/suspension/etc eventually. I get a heck of a lot more satisfaction out of making something with the mere basics, into exactly what I want it to be.

As long as you are "satisfied" spending considerably more than you would on a OEM LGT in the long run to get considerably less car than what a bone stock LGT has to offer... Damn the reliability and sensible thinking, lets FI a N/A block and DD it!!!

Yeah I flew out and drove my LGT 750mi home.....300mi is close.

Similar story minus a few miles.

Drove the 08 5EAT the whole way too. Should have seen the salesmans face when I rolled up in a highly modified LGT (exact same color and year) with New York plates for my appointment (in So Cal) to see the SpecB. 30 miles on the odometer, dead battery, sitting on the showroom floor. Knew she was mine the moment I saw her.

Drove the 08 5EAT the whole way too. Should have seen the salesmans face when I rolled up in a highly modified LGT (exact same color and year) with New York plates for my appointment (in So Cal) to see the SpecB. 30 miles on the odometer, dead battery, sitting on the showroom floor. Knew she was mine the moment I saw her.

I love stories such as yours :p When I buy my LGT i hope to feel the same way:wub:

Heck, after the extra 6 hours driving to reach the dealership (reached SoCal destination day prior) I was not going home empty handed. But all the time spent paid off, because I scored one of the last pristine SpecB's in country and I got it for $10k under sticker.

Sorry for the threadjack.

For the average owner, if wanting an LGT, save the extra coin and buy an LGT. Do not try to "build" an LGT from a 2.5i.

Thousand Oaks.

They were asking $37k and change. They took $27.5k to get the 08 away from the 2010's it sat next to in the showroom. Salesman at the dealership had a betting pool on how long it would be there. No one had come in to see it in 6 months. Sales manager did a "touch down" arm signal when he walked out of the finance office and yelled "Yes, its finally over!".

Was amazed no one had found the car before me.

I found an old, cached add on google. Called and the car was still available. So, I got my butt there as fast as I could. The SpecB saved me from buying a 370z Nismo edition (and saved a good $10k).

Hood on '05 2.5i (at least) is aluminum...

same on the 06 2.5i

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Sorry, OEM hoods are aluminum. I see too many that have been "repaired". But there is more than a turbo separating the two cars.

Im going with the difference in FPs and driveshafts as the main players,....nothing else seems to come to mind:lol:

*neglects gearbox, rear diff,engine, interior, ECU, mufflers, brakes, cluster, resale value

Archived