LegacyGT.com

The next stage....

So just wondering what to do next with my legacy. I been doing some online research the last few weeks while i was off work and came up with the following

Current mods:

Newly rebuilt jdm ej20y, vf36, spec C twinscroll headers and uppipe, Milltek de-cat downpipe, Magnaflow 100 cell center sports cat Fujitsbo Super Legalis R CBE, Wiseco pistons, Eagle rods, ACL bearings, 11mm uprated sti oil pump, Cosworth head gaskets, ARP head studs, Perrin turbo inlet, K+N panel filter, NGK H7 plugs

Parts i came up with so far:

Blouch Dominator 1.5 XTR twinscroll

Turboxs FMIC

Kstech intake

850cc approx DeatschWerks /ID injectors

DeatschWerks 65C fuel pump

I can sell some of my vf36 and some other parts to fund the project but should be good when finished.

Optional(wish list!)

6 Speed conversion(depending on how current box holds up)

I still need to find which is the best gearbox option to go for as there is 6 speed box in some 3.0 Legacy's over here, which might be easier to convert and be as good as the sti impreza ones maybe. Is there anyway to get the DCCD stuff working with a conversion or does that require replacing ecu and other stuff aswell. I need to research this a bit more. If you do kill the gearbox is it just the gearbox that will get damaged or is there is any potential to cause engine damage too?

Is there ay other supporting mods i need to consider that i havent mentioned? Ill be keeping the car for another few years i think so might aswell have a bit more fun with it! My car will be 10 years old next november but dont plan on replacing it with a newer diesel model as they are just a bore! Only 145000kms on the clock so not too old and a freshly rebuilt engine so it should be good for many more years to come!

I think after all of the above i should be happy with it!

In USA the newer 6 speeds in the legacy are modified 5 speeds with an extra gear. I would recommend getting an intake, a EBCS, and a turboback if you dont already have one. I have no idea what your mods are and to be frank I don't really want to go searching for it. I don't know if the jdm stock up pipe mates up with a dom twin scroll turbo as well. Another thing I would consider is going EWG or EWGs in your case if your're going to change the up pipe anyway. Seems like a killer street ride. Good luck with your mods.

sorry i should have listed my current spec:

vf36, spec C twinscroll headers and uppipe, Milltek de-cat downpipe, Magnaflow 100 cell center sports cat Fujitsbo Super Legalis R CBE, Hyperflow TMIC, Wiseco pistons, Eagle rods, ACL bearings, 11mm uprated sti oil pump, Cosworth head gaskets, ARP head studs, Perrin turbo inlet, K+N panel filter, NGK H7 plugs

I updated my first post with it, forgot to add intake since ill need one with the FMIC, heard the Kstech are a good choice?

I'm wondering is the dccd really worth the extra hassle? There is the option to put in a 6 speed box from a UK 3.0 spec b. Seems lime the most straight forward conversion and I have been told this is as strong as the Sti 6 speeds?

going to leave the 6 speed for now and get on with the other mods, injectors are getting maxed out with vf36 so i think they will be useless with the blouch

So lit looks like this now:

Ej20Y with forged internals(done)

Blouch Dominator 1.5 XTR twinscroll

Turboxs FMIC

Kstech intake( need to confirm which size to go for)

740cc approx DeatschWerks injectors

DeatschWerks 65C fuel pump

Parallel fuel rail kit - Perrin v2 maybe if available in side feed.

• 1 month later...
so im trying to decide on the FMS FMIC vs the TurboXS one, is the turboxs one worth the extra dollars? I dont see too many people on here that have installed one, but seems like there is some fitment issues with the FMS

Archived