LegacyGT.com

Tire question..

OK so I need 2 tires on the front of my 98 legacy L. the rears r in "ok" condition passable for a state sticker. Now I've been readin' up on this n I'm alil' confused(1st time owner of awd). i was gonna buy 2 new tires, but read on here that is a BIG no no only to buy 4 new ones at a time.. Now I found 2 matchin set "used" tires. That are said to be in "almost new condition".

So, my question is:

Would it be fine to get those used set of tires while running my "ok" rear tires? OR Would there be too much of a difference from the fronts n rears to not buy them?

Thanx

You want all four of your tires to be within spec of each other. I believe it's 10/32's.

Somebody who knows for sure will chime in and correct me if I am wrong. I don't feel like searching for the correct spec right now though.

Not an expert. Buying two tires is fine. Tire types should match... meaning don't put all seasons in the front with summer tires in the rear. Tire circumfrence should be close or equal to what you have now. If it's so much different, you need 4 tires, not two.

Good write up by SBT

But, I personally still don't understand how that 1/4" difference works... :/

Heres the link that I read it from n explains it:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=279644&postcount=17

Ok so the 2 tires from the shop which are not on rims n not full of air measure: 75.7/8, 75.15/16. N my 2 tires that r on my rims n are full of air measure: 77.00, 77.1/8.

I'm assuming the 2" dif. is dew to the fact mine are on the rim n full of air... Should I go ahead n get those 2 tires?

Thanx

You need to be more concerned about circumference when inflated to proper pressure. Measuring a tire like that,especially when it's flat, is useless. Your drivetrain is worth more than a guesstimate.

Pump tire up

Measure circumference

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Archived