LegacyGT.com

Just bought my 1st Subaru...

I just bought a 1998 Legacy L 4dr. A few questions:

The CEL was on, I rented a scanner n the codes were: P0325(knock sensor 1), n P0440(EVAP). The car runs good(I didn't test drive it, dew to it not being reg. n insured.) but I revved it up n held it at higher rpm's for a short time... I'm gonna replace the knock sensor. I read on here the cheap $25 "ebay" ones are fine to use. But, I found this one for $10.79:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KS96-Knock-Sensor-/380369255802?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588fc63d7a&vxp=mtr

Now is that knock sensor fine to use? OR as the saying goes: "you get what you pay for..." n I shouldn't get it?

Thanx

• I Donated

For $10, you can't really go wrong.

I've used cheap eBay knock sensors before without any issues.

Welcome to the boards and thanks for not making your first question something that has been asked a million times over!

Enjoy!

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
probably not....but there is a chance of engine damage since it controls your ignition timing. If you continue to drive on a back knock sensor, i would just be easy on the throttle.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived