LegacyGT.com

Turbo Recommendations?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 20g+fmic may get you 350whp, but nowhere close to 400 on pump. If you truly want closer to 400awhp you should be looking at the ATP GT3071/GT3076, ATP GTX3071/GTX3076, Blouch Dom 1.5/2.5/3XT-R, FP HtaGreen etc.

Oh, and LOTS of supporting mods for turbos in that range.

From where the air enters the car to where it exits, you will need:

Big MAF

Turbo inlet

Turbo listed above

FMIC

At least 850CC injectors

DW65c or Walbro 255lph pump

TGV deletes (optional but recommended)

Turbo-back exhaust

Don't forget a good tune. The higher your whp, the more likely shit will spontaneously blow up during a pull if your tune isn't good.

1000cc's are excessive for 350-400whp, 840/850's should be plenty adequate. I'm running 305whp with 840's and only hitting about 70% on the duty cycle, I'd be surprised if anyone with 840/850 injectors is getting above 90% in the 350-400whp range.

The 06 Spec.B has the 5-Speed right? Forgive my ignorance, but will the transmission need more work than just a clutch to hold 400 WHP?

its not the whp that matters, but rather the wtq and when in the RPM band it occurs. if e85 is being used, then large tq numbers could be made relatively low inthe rpm bad and that could break a stock trans if driven hard. 400whp usually requires larger turbos which are laggy compared to smaller turbos intended for 325-350whp, so tq wont occur so low as to endanger the trans as much. if most of the driving is dont at highway speeds and not alot of drag racing or hole shots are done, then the 5mt should be ok.

• I Donated
Are you serious? A fully supported gt3076r will easily overshoot OP's goals.

I made just shy of 400 to the wheel with my EJ20R & gT3076R

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

OK so I want to build an approximately 400awhp on pump gas spec b but I can't decide on the Turbo. I've been searching on here and everyone sseems to argue between fp green and blouch. But no one states clear reasons why. I just want to hit 400 HP with minimum lag if possible.

Help is appreciated. If you can just state the reasons and why a Turbo design is better than the other that would be great. I don't this thread becoming another 100 page argument thread. Thanks everyone

Two things you absolutely need: a turbo with a compressor side capable of at least 50 lb/min, and alcohol injection. Anything short that is a non-starter.

• I Donated
Two things you absolutely need: a turbo with a compressor side capable of at least 50 lb/min, and alcohol injection. Anything short that is a non-starter.

Oh God, look who has shown up with their infinite automotive wisdom.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

wow turbodog please do not even bother to comment in this thread. Go buy another car already. You don't need alcohol injection AT ALL to hit 400whp. Just look at guys on nasioc that have hit 400whp and look at how many of them don't have meth injection. Now STFU you are wrong.

wow turbodog please do not even bother to comment in this thread. Go buy another car already. You don't need alcohol injection AT ALL to hit 400whp. Just look at guys on nasioc that have hit 400whp and look at how many of them don't have meth injection. Now STFU you are wrong.

Really. Have you made anywhere near 400whp? On pump gas? On a stock longblock? Guess who has. I can personally assure you that it is a very bad idea to try 200 chp/liter without some sort of octane enhancement, be it either WI, e85, torco, race gas, etc.

Can you tell us why you don't absolutely need a tune?

lol

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2315127

You need a tune, and many other supporting mods. obviously. :lol:

Can you do me a favor and remove me from your ignore list?

And also, change your avatar picture

http://www.partyvibe.com/forums/attachments/growing-cannabis-making-hash/81915d1339459739-help-my-baby-grow-up-goonies-2-movie.jpg

lol

Really. Have you made anywhere near 400whp? On pump gas? On a stock longblock? Guess who has. I can personally assure you that it is a very bad idea to try 200 chp/liter without some sort of octane enhancement, be it either WI, e85, torco, race gas, etc.

He specified 400whp on pump gas. Now we're here telling him which turbo to use and which supporting mods to get as a bare minimum. Sure, he can rebuild his entire block and drop $4000 on internals, but to hit 400whp, you don't NEED alcohol or anything more than pump gas.

He specified 400whp on pump gas. Now we're here telling him which turbo to use and which supporting mods to get as a bare minimum. Sure, he can rebuild his entire block and drop $4000 on internals, but to hit 400whp, you don't NEED alcohol or anything more than pump gas.

Perhaps you don't NEED it. You could touch 400 whp, but it would not be at all safe or reliable.

You do absolutely need a turbo comfortably capable of 50 lb/min, that's the air flow for 500 chp or roughly 400 whp. This is not negotiable unless you're willing to run leaded race gas on an optimized setup with a built motor, to pull more power out of reduced air flow.

Given that pump gas is a requirement, I state that WI is the only way to get the octane enhancement that will allow you reasonably make that kind of power on a stock longblock. You could run torco additive, but I don't consider that pump gas.

If you actually look into it and sweat the details, you'll find that very few (or none) are actually making 400 whp on the stock longblock with 93 octane w/o WI - because most people know better. Please point to examples that prove me wrong.

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2-5-liter-litre-factory-motor/199014-cheapest-way-go-400whp.html

Because these people want to run around with 400whp (semi) reliably. If OP really wants to stick with stock gas, then by reading up he'll realize that he'll be prone to detonation. He can and will get to 400whp with pump gas and no alky, but he'll be flirting with destroying his motor.

Archived