LegacyGT.com

Turbo Recommendations?

OK so I want to build an approximately 400awhp on pump gas spec b but I can't decide on the Turbo. I've been searching on here and everyone sseems to argue between fp green and blouch. But no one states clear reasons why. I just want to hit 400 HP with minimum lag if possible.

Help is appreciated. If you can just state the reasons and why a Turbo design is better than the other that would be great. I don't this thread becoming another 100 page argument thread. Thanks everyone

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be installing my BNR 18g this weekend. I have full supporting mods and only expect 330-350 at best on 93. With E85 you can obviously get closer to your goal, but I don't think we've seen anything that high yet on an 18g as it's still considered a relatively "small" turbo.

BNR td06 20 g

if i'm @340awhp and im currently on a waste gate pressure only 15psi tune....

then i will def. be where your trying to get to as far as #'s are concerned..

tuner said every psi you go up figure about 10 -12 hp increase so...

when i get a new tune the setup is at let's say ,20psi...should relate to just around 390-400? which leaves me to wonder which will go first my engine or my trans..?

(with other supporting mods of course)

This brings up a necessary side discussion... what supporting mods are you planning along w/ the turbo?

The ideal way to go about it, if you haven't begun already, is to select the turbo that will get you where you want to be, then support it properly.

supporting mods

-DW740cc injectors

-walbro gas 342 fuel Pump

-Cobb 3 port ebs

-IPR TMIC

-CNT down pipe

-Accessport

I'm hoping this is enough to reach my goal. 350-400awhp on pump. I'm just iffy on the TMIC.

DW850s might work, but you might as well do ID1000s for better idle and easier tuning and to be 100% sure they won't limit your tune.

Hmm OK 1000cc it is ... budget getting smaller lol.

DW850s might work, but you might as well do ID1000s for better idle and easier tuning and to be 100% sure they won't limit your tune.

right here, you'll need 850ccs at base 42psi fuel pressure to make 400whp on 93 octane. You'll also want a turbo with at least a 52lb/min compressor side. You said minimal lag, but I would feel anything smaller than an 8cm^2 hotside in a td06 housing(assuming your using a stock location) turbo would leave you with regrets. The difference up top with bigger hotsides has a huge impact at track days. Getting off the line with those big hotsides is another story though.

Archived