LegacyGT.com

Steering question

So I'm not really sure how to accurately describe this problem but I'll try. I've noticed a bit of vagueness in my steering lately, it changes depending on conditions. At highway speeds I can let go of the steering wheel and it will have a slight shimmy to it. At lower speeds, say in a parking lot if I turn while going over a bump it feels like the front end is gonna fall apart.

The control arm bushings have been replaced recently, also the springs and struts were replaced. I have sways installed...blah blah. Anyways I crawl underneath and start looking around...the only area I can find any looseness is the bushing in the steering column. I can grab it and move it around quite a bit, also if I twist it I can hear a clunking in the steering rack and it seems to have some play.

Anyone have any thoughts? It's under warranty so its going back to the dealer again, but this is the second time it's been in for the same problem.

I was thinking wheel bearing until you talked about moving the steering column and the rack making noise.

I think you found the issue.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived