LegacyGT.com

Need a little advice...

I have been looking and i think i remember a thread somewhere but couldn't find it and thought if i did there are probably some new input on this so here goes. I installed a new exedy clutch with lightweight flywheel a while back and ever since i have had misfires on 3 and 4. I have an AP v1 and can clear the code but it just comes back within a day or so. I have noticed it running a little rough also but i have been blaming that on bad gas and the hot weather. Any ideas or simple things to check as i am able to do a lot of stuff myself just not so good at skips most of the time.

I am hoping that its not the valves. I have no loss of power, it actually feels faster now than it has in the past. I had the plugs, wires, timing belt and water pump replaced 20,000 miles ago. Is there a simple way to check the injectors and the coils?

Is it safe to say this is on a 2005 GT ? what's the mileage ?

I think some have said the LWFW can cause a miss fire code too.

May be check in the tranny forum or PM BAC5.2 or m sprank. Both really know these car's well.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Im not sure about the ground wires that has been a while. Yes it is an 05 GT with 128,000 on the counter. I think all of my codes are coming from the LWFW as they have came and gone since the clutch install. The rough idle has gotten worse here lately though. In my opinion is seems to be fuel/air or coil related because it comes and goes as it pleases. It seems to that if it was a burnt valve it would always be the same right?? I just started running some lucas fuel injector cleaner this last tank i will try that out for a few tanks and see if that helps any.

Yeah it's probably the LWFW. Whenever I reset the ECU on my car it always runs rough before it figures it out. I can't imagine what it'd do with the flywheel. Either way, I want one haha

Does the rough idle go away as the car warms up ?

If so it's the o-rings between the intake manifold and the TGV's. These cars are known for that.

The new o-rings are about $20.00 and much bigger than the ones in there.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

So I think I may have found the problem... I let it run a little low on fuel today probably had about a gallon or a little less left in the tank and it started running really bad. I have got water in my gas in previous vehicles and it acted exactly like it did today. So i think i may have got water/trash or something that isn't suppose to be in the tank at some point. So now it looks like I will be draining the tank before to long to check it out... Does anybody know if there is a drain plug or will I have to pull the tank?

Archived