LegacyGT.com

Turbo swap required tunning?

VF40/46 are swappable without tune, but you should get tuned if you put a VF52 in. And if you're going to pay for a tune, you might as well throw an extra $500 in for a downpipe and enjoy 50+ extra tq/hp... maybe more with the 52. Make sure you're motor is good, i.e. no turbo bearing debris in oil pan before you continue.
lol

Isn't a vf52 the same price ?

I like my vf52. See my sig. I got the turbo from Mike at AZPinstalls.com

Where do you live ? may be one of us knows a local Tuner.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
  • I Donated

ALWAYS get a tune.

You can go down to Topspeed in Atlanta. They are great over there. There is also AllPro Subaru in Atlanta as well.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Really depends what you're looking for. If you just want stock power levels you can grab all the boost target and WGDC tables out of the WRX ROM and graft them into your LGT ROM. Any tuner could do this for you for a minimal charge. Infamous1 would make you a plugnplay stg1 map for this turbo if you ask.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Archived