LegacyGT.com

Horn honking when i lock the car, 6 quick then long beeps

hi guys. got this weird problem with my legacy which started this morning. when i lock my car, it takes about 30 seconds then goes through 6 short beeps in pairs and then long beeps. do any of you know what is the reason for this? i am uploading a youtube video of the problem right now so you guys can see it. i think it may be a sensor issue? what do you guys think?

i wanted to get your opinion before i started to mess with it and break something else...

thanks!

[ame]

[/ame]

Video is private, you need to change your settings.

Without seeing the video I don't know for sure, but a few things that might help.

Is it an aftermarket alarm or factory?

Open and close every door + hatch and double check that none of the visible switches are jammed or broken. You can cycle them with your hand and if the dome light comes on and off I would say they are functioning correctly.

If it's an aftermarket alarm also check for a hood sensor. I've had hood switches get smashed and make the alarm think the hood is constantly open.

Pager remote? My alarm makes some extra beeps when the FOB pager battery is low.

sorry, i uploaded it with my phone and it was default private for some reason. i changed it back to public.

i think it is a completely factory alarm.

i have tried to open and close all doors, hatches and hood multiple times. dome lights turn on and off at the right times.

my key fob is oem subaru. i just changed the battery too.

It does sound like it's being triggered (warning beeps) then actually sounding the alarm.

It doesn't look windy enough to be triggering your alarm or anything there.

Alarm manual mentions open vents in your car and sunroof too. Not sure how likely either of those would be to actually trigger the alarm. If you can find the shock sensor you can turn the knob down and see if it solves the problem.

Did this start after you changed the battery or out of the blue?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/93890195/Subaru-Alarm-Manual

It's the warning alarm for the impact sensor followed by the actual alarm being set off.

You require a trip to the dealer to have the impact sensor sensitivity reset or the impact sensor itself has an issue.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

It does sound like it's being triggered (warning beeps) then actually sounding the alarm.

It doesn't look windy enough to be triggering your alarm or anything there.

Alarm manual mentions open vents in your car and sunroof too. Not sure how likely either of those would be to actually trigger the alarm. If you can find the shock sensor you can turn the knob down and see if it solves the problem.

Did this start after you changed the battery or out of the blue?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/93890195/Subaru-Alarm-Manual

thank you for the manual, i was on the phone with the dealership and they walked me through, valet mode on and off. security on and off. the issue is still happening.

It's the warning alarm for the impact sensor followed by the actual alarm being set off.

You require a trip to the dealer to have the impact sensor sensitivity reset or the impact sensor itself has an issue.

yes, i made an appointment to go to my local dealer. they are going to check it out. man, 100 bucks just to check. but i guess, i am will to do what ever it takes, this is so annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
okay, finally fixed. it was the shock sensor under the passenger seat. got it replaced and now it works fine. so if you guys get that specific honk pattern, check your shock sensor for the oem security alarm.

Archived