LegacyGT.com

I bought my '09 2.5i a few months ago and want to do some autocross to have fun and learn my car's capabilities. I'm concerned about that weak rear sway bar bracket.

So I think most cost-effective approach is adding rsb and avo brackets to begin. I've read many threads on the various setups, but have some questions:

1. Thinking Whiteline or JDM would be appropriate, but where in the world can I find the JDM rsb? Can't seem to locate it anywhere.

2. Will my stock endlinks be enough? If not, what's the diff between avo adjustable and solids ('sides adj is $40 less)?

3. Does anyone know if the rsb will move my car into a non-stock class?

Thanks for any info.

• 4 weeks later...
Any gt bar will fit the rear. I would defenitly get the avo brackets they are pricy but the alternative sucks. In the front as far as i know you have 2 options whiteline and ralitek. I bought aftermarket endlinks just because if they break in a corner it could be trouble. I have a ralitek front and cusco rear with avo brackets and endlinks front and rear. This setup has worked well for me.

1) RalliTEK used to sell them. That's where I got mine. I'm selling it though, being replaced with AVO 20mm solid (JDM is 20mm hollow).

2) I've been running JDM rear sway bar with AVO brackets and stock end links for about a year. No issues after 4 autocross events. If you want/need to replace end links, go with a solid piece. I don't think I've read any positive reviews with adjustable end links. I'm using Whiteline solids in front, and soon-to-be Kartboy rear.

3) According to 2012 SCCA Solo rules with regards to sway bars in stock class:

A. Substitution, addition, or removal of a single anti-roll bar and supporting

hardware (brackets, endlinks, bushings, etc.) is permitted. The

use of any bushing material is permitted. A bushing may be implemented

as a bearing.

B. Substitution, addition, or removal of anti-roll bars may serve no other

purpose than that of an anti-roll bar.

C. No modification to the body, frame, or other components to accommodate

anti-roll bar addition or substitution is allowed except for the

drilling of holes for mounting bolts. Non-standard lateral members

If you're going to be autocrossing, go with a more aggressive bar in the rear. The JDM bar isn't enough of an upgrade to really knock your socks off if you're racing the car.

For a daily driver, the JDM bar is a subtle, cost effective upgrade. If I was racing, I'd go solid bar though.

If you're going to be autocrossing, go with a more aggressive bar in the rear. The JDM bar isn't enough of an upgrade to really knock your socks off if you're racing the car.

For a daily driver, the JDM bar is a subtle, cost effective upgrade. If I was racing, I'd go solid bar though.

19 or 20mm solid bar FTW

Archived