LegacyGT.com

Opinions?

Pathtoyorsoul

So I'm planning on getting a set of Sparco Assetto Gara's which are 18x8" 5x100 with a 46mm offset and was gonna run 245/35/18's..I shouldnt have any problems on a stock suspension without rolled fenders right? How about if I drop the car 2"s ? Also, my car is an ABP Sedan, how do you guys think the white ones would look?

Heres the wheels for reference:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=Sparco&wheelModel=Assetto+Gara&wheelFinish=White+Painted

why that size tire?

i have the same size and offset wheels with 225/40/18 tires, lowered on eibach pro kit/stock shocks, no rubbing.

Because 245 looks cooler :cool:

Interested if this would rub or not as well.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

someone else will have to correct me if im wrong here but go with 235 section width if you don't want to roll the fenders and 245 if you are willing to roll the fenders. pretty sure at stock ride height you won't get much rubbing. but with a 2 inch drop....... probably?

inside rubbing with the 255 on an 8 inch wide wheel with +48 was corrected with 5mm spacers. so maybe to some searching on this site for 255 sizes to find out who's running them with what offsets etc...?

tl/dr my vote would be 245/35/18.

There's a lot of conflicting info to be found here lol. Several people seem to have run 245/40 without needing to roll fenders and get no rubbing, and several seem to have needed to roll, pull, and add negative camber to fit 245s. I've been searching for days and haven't gotten a clear answer.

I've been looking for info on 18x8.5 +45 though.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

it does depend on the tire manufacturer and model. im running falken fk452s in 225/45 17 and they almost look stretched on 8 inch wheels. the azenis look much chunkier in the same width however. i bet the fk452s would be fine in 245 whereas the azenis might need some rolling in the same width due to the shape of the tire....

Yeah I think I'm going to try opting for some narrower 245s or wider 235s by comparing their section widths.

Archived