LegacyGT.com

Why does it seem so hard to find manual Legacy's?

• I Donated

95% of new cars sold in the U.S. are automatic-transmission. Subaru didn't want to miss out on that market.

These cars in general are pretty rare, and at least on 2005s, they manufactured probably twice as many autos as manuals.

Most of the dealer cars I've found are automatic, but I'm not finding too many private party (in my area) to star with. Searching major areas along the entire west coast (San Diego to Seattle) I've found maybe 5 or 6, half of which are manual. I need to stop searching though. I found one that I really like for a killer deal by a member on here, but I don't have the money yet. :(

I just bought an 05 LGT 5MT this weekend. I searched for months on here, ebay, cars.com, autotrader for a SWP/tan 5MT that was within a close enough distance and in decent condition with acceptable miles. Found one about 6 weeks ago but it was a couple of states away and sold before I could get there, and another one on craigslist sold while I was out of town for a week on vacation. This one I just bought was taken as a trade by a local German car dealership and I was fairly prompt in checking it out. Use a craigslist utility like searchtempest, save your search parameters on autotrader, and check them every day or two. They're not ultra rare but you can't dawdle when you find a good candidate.

I got extremely lucky. I was searching within 300 miles and only found 4 or 5 manuals. Somehow a Chevy dealer only 20 miles from my house had just picked this up on trade and I scooped it up. It looks like the previous owner took very good care of it, I am very satisfied.

Exhaust gets installed next week :lol:

Yep, bought my first LGT from a Nissan dealership 5 miles from my house, sat for a month there and I got it for a great deal. That was 5 years ago, and a great pickup.

Got my LGT wagon I have now, 2 months ago from a member here. Paid a lot and I'm not as happy, but great car nonetheless. And there are only 86 RBP LGT 5mt limited wagons in all of North America.

People who buy these cars drive them, love them, and trade them in for newer ones.

I've been searching for a while now for an 08/09 to get rid of the body style I have (05). It is frustrating to be low on money, trying to sell a car, while all the cars I look at are up on a site like cars.com or on this site for about a month and are sold. Makes me frown.

I had been looking for a solid 2-3 months before I found mine because I absolutely wanted the 5spd. A used car dealer put it up online. I found it within a week, test drove it and immediately put a deposit down on it. It took me a few weeks to work out my finances before I could go pick it up and when I finally did I was told there was at least 10 people waiting in line if I didn't buy the car.

Archived