LegacyGT.com

Exhaust question

Socalturbo

I have been reading so much about the drone issues with these cars once the cats are removed. I Worked with ARK performance on an exhaust system with my genesis and when i had it and it produced no drone (3" TBE catless)

SO i guess my question would be do you guys think these mufflers will help reduce the drone or would i be better off just adding a resonator or muffler in the mid pipe.

http://www.arkperformance.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SM1301-0110G

Im actually thinking of just picking up these tips from them and having an exhaust shop make an exhaust.

My wagon is catless with stock mid pipe, 2 washers between the Y flange to stock mufflers.

No drone.

My SpecB has stock exhaust less mufflers, no drone.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have been reading so much about the drone issues with these cars once the cats are removed. I Worked with ARK performance on an exhaust system with my genesis and when i had it and it produced no drone (3" TBE catless)

SO i guess my question would be do you guys think these mufflers will help reduce the drone or would i be better off just adding a resonator or muffler in the mid pipe.

http://www.arkperformance.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SM1301-0110G

Im actually thinking of just picking up these tips from them and having an exhaust shop make an exhaust.

I count 2 mufflers and 3 resonators there, if it's designed right it shouldn't drone.

On a side note, i have the 3" obx wagon exhaust, stock dp, and the tips stick out a few inches (i dont really like the look but have gotten multiple positive comments). I think the long tips really cut down noise during highway cruise, even though it is a straight through non resonated system. Still would like to shorten the tips eventually though.

Archived