LegacyGT.com

anyone competed in any stereo competitions in you legacy?

I only do sq, not that I am against spl it's just not what interests me. Plus I've had so much equip,went till all of the model numbers are running together but here goes my current setup.

Pioneer AVH 8400 BH

Jbl MS8

Zapco mid range 6.5 front doors

ESB tweets off axis in the A pillars in a custom mount

No rear fill

CDT 12" subwoofer

Mosconi AS 100.4 running my front stage

Gladen two channel bridged powering my subwoofer

Zero gauge wiring

Running active

Sound deadening in several key area's

Soon to replace the 12" CDT with a 15" Alpine subwoofer.

Esb tweeters will be replaced with Scan Speak tweeters.

:)

2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

The Subaru Legacy has by far the worst stereo sound out of any car that I've ever been in, by a longshot.

Guess you've never been in an Impreza (base model). My '06 Impreza's stereo is worse, but at least it's not integrated in with the HVAC so it's easier to upgrade. The stereos in my parents old '01 Forester and '02 Outback weren't anything to write home about either.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

My outback is 1 sundown sa-15 on a sundown sax-1200. Box is 3.5 cubes tuned to 35hz. My civic was walled 2 fi btl 18s on 2 hifonics brutus 2006. 1 woofer was an inch out of the box. I didnt notice till i got home from the comp if it was all the way in it wouldve been a 150+. Oh well not to bad for building it all by myself at 16 in highschool.

I have a 10 inch alpine s-10 sub and an amp that I don't even remember who made I got for $50 way back when I owned an AMC Eagle (**** yeah). It sounds great, sometimes when I get frisky with the corners it slides to the back of the trunk and rips the wiring out though. That's no fun.

The LGT stock stereo is actually the best out of the cars I've owned.

Really? I feel like every car in same class as the LGT has a far better factory stereo. I don't think subaru put "audio" very high on their list of priorities. Unless you count the USDM boxer rumble :)

I can't bring myself to spend a dollar on audio because I know it will turn into 2+ grand within a few weeks haha.

Definitely not very good with a 05-06 radio. On the 07-09 lgt however with the underseat sub and srs mode on (basically acts like loudness) sounds pretty crispy and loud. Not very clean when cranked but overall very good IMO.

Just got my 05 LGT and I've noticed that the stock stereo is kind of lacking. I was also disappointed to find out that there are no RCA's on the back of the stock head unit.

I've thought about consulting my friend that is a bass head to get his opinion on it. He will most likely tell me to get a 1000watt amp and a 15" though.

Here is his setup:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/424002_2945126545466_903548858_n.jpg

Couple years ago I had a Dodge pickup I built for spl. Had one kicker soloX 18" in the bed in an ~8 cube 4th order BP box, tuned to 41Hz with a blow-thru into the cab. Ended up hitting 152.7. I definitely caused some hearing loss driving around in that thing for several years. :lol:

So far with the leggy, I've just left everything stock, because once I start...

...also, because racecar.

So far with the leggy, I've just left everything stock, because once I start...

...also, because racecar.

I have an amp in my OBXT that requires adding two 60 lbs battery cells. And also cause of 'racecar', I've been procrastinating to add them. Caused me to burn a voice coil though :mad:.

This is what I have in the outback.

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt307/fibtlcivic/sa15.jpg

And this is what was in my civic

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt307/fibtlcivic/civic%204%20sale/untitled.jpg

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt307/fibtlcivic/civic%204%20sale/61138_136692706376460_100001071942993_187657_1767450_n.jpg

Archived