LegacyGT.com

anyone competed in any stereo competitions in you legacy?

basicly if you compete what all you use and what not. im trying to improve my spl but its kinda hard in a car without the fold down rear seat lol.

In the back there is a hole cutout for the jdm model sub. Its a round metal plate. Remove it put a round grill to cover it. Should let more bass come thru. When i get home ill post a pic of my setup.

• Mega Users

The Subaru Legacy has by far the worst stereo sound out of any car that I've ever been in, by a longshot.

Why waste your time?

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• I Donated Too
I gave up trying to make the sub work in the trunk of my 05 - even with the hole opened up, was still just causing the panels to rattle. I shoved two powered 8" subs under each seat... that helped. I spent way too much money trying to make the Legacy sound right, by far the most expensive audio install I've ever done. Still isn't right but it'll do.

Im a sq guy at heart but i do like to crank the volume here and there. To get big bass is easy in any car. Big amps big subs. To get a set up to image properly is another animal all together.

Due to the legacy's high center console and limited mounting locations a stereo image is challenging.

its not impossible, you just have to get creative and have a good deck to manipulate the time alignment, xover points and delay.

my old set up below

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119251&d=1338745650

I've got about $700 worth of equipment I'm ready to drop into my Leggy but I need to spend another $300 on that damn dash kit... thinking about selling everything and just keeping the stock sound system with aux-in mod. The LGT stock stereo is actually the best out of the cars I've owned.

HAT imagines, Aura amp, Pioneer HU, Tang Band sub. All just collecting dust :( Never even got a chance to hear the Imagines. EDIT: Of course I'm an SQ guy too- the speakers were most of the cost of my setup, sub was least.

grrr cant find pic of my trunk but it looked exactly like this except Rockford amps, the Rockfords were crazy power hungry amps. the jl seemed to require alot more juice than i figured and just didn't seem as dynamic and musical as i would have liked. so i got rid of that set up and changed over to an mtx sub with Audison amps and HAT separates in the front.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=79075&d=1263622385

grrr cant find pic of my trunk but it looked exactly like this except Rockford amps, the Rockfords were crazy power hungry amps. the jl seemed to require alot more juice than i figured and just didn't seem as dynamic and musical as i would have liked. so i got rid of that set up and changed over to an mtx sub with Audison amps and HAT separates in the front.

Which HATs and how do you like em? And how did you like the DLS, I almost got those used for a great deal but went with Imagines (which btw my car audio installer bashed relentlessly without hearing them... thats when I decided to do the install myself...)

LegatiaL6 and L1 tweets. BUT i may change the tweeters to Scan Speak D2904/60000. They just sounded so puuurfect, wish i never sold em.

those mated with the Seas Excel W18/NX, was just pure audio nirvana!

i loved the DLS set, great bang for the buck speakers. weren't quite bright enough for my taste but it could have been cause i had the mid in the kicks.

Archived