LegacyGT.com

green connector under glove box?

It is supposed to be unplugged. It is used as a physical control switch to put the ECU in a state where it can accept a new ROM loaded onto the computer. It's done as a plug so that there's no possible way you could accidentally bump a switch. I don't know if it has any other purpose. But you only connect them when you are flashing your ECU. You don't even connect them when logging. Leave 'em be. :)

Leave them unplugged, they are for reflashing the ECU.

Do not plug them in, When you get the tuned then you'll connect them to reflash the map.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Their actual purpose and name are the "test mode" connectors. When connected, the ECU cycles every relay and switch in the car on and off. It's used to check vehicle components upon first delivery at the dealer. It just so happens that it also puts the ecu into a writable state.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

do yall know what the green two wire connector is that is located on the passanger floor board , under the glove box? i was changing the cabin air filter and i noticed that it was unplugged.

Did the discovery of the mysterious unplugged connectors freak you out???:lol:

Archived