LegacyGT.com

Sparkplugs for our cars? Need suggestions.

Oh yeah, it's a pain in the ass. You can spend your whole afternoon doing it.

Make sure you check the How-to on this.

One thing for sure, do not remove the plastic brittle ass clips. They will break.

I have no control over drippie.

• Moderators

Get four of these: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/NGK-SILFR6A-Laser-Iridium-Spark/dp/B001MU5JKI]Amazon.com: NGK (7913) SILFR6A Laser Iridium *Spark Plug, Pack of 1: Automotive[/ame]

The difficulty of replacing spark plugs is blown out of proportion as long as you have several ratchet extensions, universal joints, a spark plug socket, and something like the drill attachment in the pic for the really tight spaces (great for seating the plug on the back driver's side).

If you don't have the tools, don't bother. You'll get frustrated as hell. Or just go by the tools--they'll pay for themselves with this job and you'll have them for the future.

socket.jpg.516bf657dcd404e87887e2e4f6583e40.jpg

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Stick with Platinum or go with OEM like No DRFT says. There's no need for iridium spark plugs due to the fact that iridium is for more performance oriented vehicles that are levels above our subies. Not to mention it's a waste of money.

Also, do not go cheap and get the regular copper ones. They'll do more harm than the 2 bucks you'll save is worth. Stick with platinum or OEM and you won't go wrong.

Good luck replacing the spark plugs yourself. I've done them on an SVX and I wouldn't want to do it again if it didn't cost so much to pay someone to do it.

"What's God, if not the spark that started life?"

~ Last Ride of the Day by Nightwish

• Moderators
Stick with Platinum or go with OEM like No DRFT says. There's no need for iridium spark plugs due to the fact that iridium is for more performance oriented vehicles that are levels above our subies. Not to mention it's a waste of money.

You don't know what you're talking about. OEM plugs are iridium, and the one's I linked to are the OEM plugs.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Also, do not go cheap and get the regular copper ones. They'll do more harm than the 2 bucks you'll save is worth. Stick with platinum or OEM and you won't go wrong.

Good luck replacing the spark plugs yourself. I've done them on an SVX and I wouldn't want to do it again if it didn't cost so much to pay someone to do it.

jokes are funny, and so is your advice.

Got one thing right. I own rocketshipcar

Tell me, did you purchase it from Acme? I've been looking for one on Ebay with no luck

"What's God, if not the spark that started life?"

~ Last Ride of the Day by Nightwish

If you don't have the tools, don't bother. You'll get frustrated as hell. Or just go by the tools--they'll pay for themselves with this job and you'll have them for the future.

Also, if you're going to buy the tools, buy quality.

Picked up a a 3/8 drive u-joint at the local hardware store just for the plug change, and it took all four plugs out, got two in, started to fall apart a bit on the third, and completely crumbled on the fourth.

Archived