LegacyGT.com

Driving feel of an OBXT and LGT

dgoodhue

Last week I looked at a 5speed OBXT. I have never driven a lgt or OBXT before. I liked the car but didn't love it. It really didn't feel any faster than my infiniti i30 with 210hp. I know you can modify them and it would be fine it terms acelleration. Afterwards I realized I didnt check to see if it was in sport mode, dumb mistake. How much of a difference is there in the SI drive if I was in intelligent. Would have the larger diameter tires of the OBXt made a huge difference in feel? I didn't buy the OB, the dealership is firm on the price is and basically looking for 2500 over NADA for rare 5 speed. I didnt like that car much to pay that kind of premium.

This week I am going be looking at 2010 Legacy GT. I assume in stock form they should feel quicker than OB? how much quicker?

A simple check on any auto site will give you 0-60 times. Driving a 2010 LGT vs a 4th Gen will be completely different. Drive both and then come back. Your opinion is what matters most in picking your car. :)
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

There is a big difference between driving in I mode and S/S#.

I mode is like driving an n/a car.

On S/S#, boost comes on quicker and hits you a lot harder. All though its all in throttle control, it sure feels like a little rush when boost sets in.

I choose a Outback over a regular wagon due to it being different in the market. And yes, there is a premium mark up on 5speed Outback since they all the XT comes in the limited trim.

There are similarities and differences between the two. You may need to just try each of the cars. OBXT is an Outback, so it sits much higher; tires have bigger sidewalls and cornering will differ than in the LGT.

The 2010+ LGTs are very quiet in the cabin and may fool you into thinking it is slower than it is. The stock tune severely limits HP and TQ, rendering 1st and 2nd gear a joke; throttle control suffers as well. 3rd gear pulls nicely. A stage I ECU flash from a COBB Access Port removes the gear limitations and it's a totally different car.

Depending where you live, maybe some on the forum will let you test drive. I would. Southern New England. Good luck

I bought a 2007 OBXT a few weeks ago, and yes, there is a BIG difference in power when in sport mode. The difference between sport and sport # is much more subtle. After a week (and 1400 miles!) I got a Cobb Access Port stage 1 tune, and it made a big difference in power, though the gas mileage did not improve. In fact, mileage might have gone down.

I chose the XT over the GT because I rallycross and go offroad on gravel logging roads fairly often. It feels a little tall and the V rated tires have a little too much flex for me, so I plan on sacrificing some gravel traction with stiffer sway bars.

I'm very glad I chose the 5spd because of the SI Drive. The downshifts were a bit rough with the shiftable automatic.

Archived