LegacyGT.com

Help needed- HVAC/Stereo LCD displays going on/off

08 LGT

This just started today- while driving, the display screens for the HVAC and stereo just went off, with the stereo and air conditioning still running in the settings they were on at the time. The steering wheel volume control still worked, but none of the center console buttons or knobs did. The screens came back on a short while later, and have since been flickering on/off when the car goes over bumps, or if I tap the center console with my finger. I'm guessing there is some loose wire/connection somewhere, but I don't really know. Anyone else have an idea of what might be causing this and/or how to fix it?

This just started today- while driving, the display screens for the HVAC and stereo just went off, with the stereo and air conditioning still running in the settings they were on at the time. The steering wheel volume control still worked, but none of the center console buttons or knobs did. The screens came back on a short while later, and have since been flickering on/off when the car goes over bumps, or if I tap the center console with my finger. I'm guessing there is some loose wire/connection somewhere, but I don't really know. Anyone else have an idea of what might be causing this and/or how to fix it?

I actually had the same exact thing happen on mine. But I have the jdm kit for aftermarket head units. I couldnt get it to come back on until I restated the car. But for some reason it came right back on when I restarted the car.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I actually had the same exact thing happen on mine. But I have the jdm kit for aftermarket head units. I couldnt get it to come back on until I restated the car. But for some reason it came right back on when I restarted the car.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Same thing just happened to me- after doing that multiple times yesterday while running errands (and therefore starting and turning off the car several times), it didn't do it at all today. I guess I will have to see if the issue comes back.

Archived