LegacyGT.com

Cobb Vs. Kartboy short shifters

ilya124

Hi everyone, I was looking to get a short shifter for my 2008 2.5i. My main choices right now are either Kartboy shifter + Kartboy bushings or Cobb double adjustable shifter + Cobb bushings. I found the Kartboy combo for $155, while I would get the Cobb separately for around $210. My question is, which of these is better, and is the Cobb worth the extra $$$?

Throw reduction does not make shifting "crisper". It simply reduces throw. Changing the bushings gives the shifter a more gated feel.

That's what I was talking about, the kartboy shifter plus bushings making it crisper.

I like the Cobb because you can not only make it the throw you want you can adjust the stick height to what you want.

Both are really good items its just the Cobb is more adjustable to your preference.

i have the kartboy with bushings. the noise is much louder then a stock unit. dont know if mine makes the normal level of NHV, but its loud to the point of me wanting to remove it. this noise mainly happens in 4th or 5th gear.

anyone else experience this?

i got the cobb and it was the best mod i did on my car. throw is way shorter with room for adjustment. still stock bushings and what not and did not have to trim anything for it to fit. plus i got it for like 100 and traded my stocker for it.

Archived