LegacyGT.com

Squealing noise from wheel when turning and wobble

I've been getting this high pitched squealing noise that seems to be coming from my left front wheel when I turn to the right, along with wheel wobble. It's starting to get worse and I'm trying to figure out what the issue is and if it's something I can fix myself.

Before this I had the front left tie rod replaced and when they were doing it they told me that my umm, dangit I can't remember the name of the part but it's part of the suspension - the boot something-or-other :/ I can't remember lol I have the work order somewhere and I'll dig it up if necessary.

Any idea what could be wrong with it now? I'm thinking its the wheel bearings and/or the assembly based on a little Googling, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Sounds like a wheel bearing to me....put that side up on jack stands and try to wiggle the wheel, if there is a lot of play and you've had the tie rod replaced, then there is a good chance that it's the wheel bearing.

After I had the tie rod replaced I also changed the rotors and brakes and I think there was play in the wheel.

I'll try it again though just to be sure... btw how much is "a lot" of play? Should it pretty much not wiggle at all?

I'm betting wheel bearing too. See the DIY for that and also in the 4th gen forum, the thread about blinking CC no CEL.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/front-wheel-bearing-diy-walkthrough-86994.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived