LegacyGT.com

Headers--Equal or unequal Length

The general consensus among those who have done headers before is get a quality set of EL, or stick with manifolds and save your money. The real gains are with EL, UEL is just perpetuating factory inefficientcy.

You should wrap them as well.

Unless you're going equal, don't waste your money.

I am personally going EL but an aftermarket UEL will still yield noticeable gains.

Couple of threads with good information:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/bought-header-ebay-thoughtsi-126076.html

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/match-porting-exhaust-manifoldi-187709.html

^huh? not sure what kind of gains you speak of with UEL besides gain of exhaust loudness.

OP I have Tomei EL headers, which by the way are a work of art. i dont have a base dyno but after installing them i put down 347 ft-lbs on stock injectors turbo and motor. some dont like the way they sound (sounds like a smoothed out boxer) but I for one love it. You wont get much HP gain from headers either way you go, but you will get a bit more torque out of EL

^huh? not sure what kind of gains you speak of with UEL besides gain of exhaust loudness.

OP I have Tomei EL headers, which by the way are a work of art. i dont have a base dyno but after installing them i put down 347 ft-lbs on stock injectors turbo and motor. some dont like the way they sound (sounds like a smoothed out boxer) but I for one love it. You wont get much HP gain from headers either way you go, but you will get a bit more torque out of EL

I put down 347ftlbs also. Stock block, turbo, injectors. Also I was running a old ass tune from infamous which I wasn't tuned for the header or the tmic at the time. Wonder what I'll put down now that I'm running a tune for the header. Well it was tuned for the tmic and now I run a fmic but meh.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Archived