LegacyGT.com

Our car should have a 6 speed in it

What about a wastegate controller? On the highway, keep the wastegate open so the turbo won't spool.

wut?

it has little to nothing to do with the turbo. If there's no load, the turbo is simply spinning in the housing because of the pressure from the exhaust. Have you ever owned a boost gauge?

Just because you're at a certain RPM it doesn't mean the turbo is creating a certain amount of PSI.

90% of fuel economy is determined by the weight of the vehicle, Aerodynamics the size and displacement of the motor and the gearing.

Turbos actually make cars more fuel efficient by making more power with less displacement and fuel. It's when you drive like a mad man that turbos make fuel economy suffer.

More air means more fuel.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• Mega Users
:lol:

Or you could get a Hyundai Veloster Turbo and get 38mpg

I imagine once the ECU is cracked 300whp and 35mpg will be possible.

i think you're due for a veloster. did you ever get that 5000 dollar beater?

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Maybe its just my car and I should really look into it but when im doing like 65-70 miles an hour my tach says that its sitting at like 2800 RPM's. Are all of our LGT's like this or is it just mine. To me it seems really high and that if there was a six in it not only would be get better MPG(who cares about those) and we would also get more of a top speed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So a 6th gear would magically make the car get better fuel economy and have a higher top speed?

What does the number of gears have to do with top speed? Or fuel economy when cruising?

Maybe you should look into gear ratios.

I haven't seen it explicitly said here yet, but the gear ratios in the spec. B are different than the ones in the STI. 1st - 4th are the same but 5th and 6th are longer in the spec. B.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Archived