LegacyGT.com

Why do forums not consider 99's to be second gen?

in Japan. 99 was the first year of the 3rd gen. 04 in japan was the first MY of the 4th gen, but the forum lists it as starting at 05. it really does not matter as much as the chassis code does. BD,BG,BK is all that matters for second gen.

in Japan. 99 was the first year of the 3rd gen. 04 in japan was the first MY of the 4th gen, but the forum lists it as starting at 05. it really does not matter as much as the chassis code does. BD,BG,BK is all that matters for second gen.

Right, but has a new Subaru owner never come into a forum like this with the brand new (to them) 99 Legacy GT and post it in the 3rd gen area because the only thing they know about it is that it's a 99?

If this has never happened before on a forum that makes this mistake, then I'll shut up and stand corrected.

Right, but has a new Subaru owner never come into a forum like this with the brand new (to them) 99 Legacy GT and post it in the 3rd gen area because the only thing they know about it is that it's a 99?

If this has never happened before on a forum that makes this mistake, then I'll shut up and stand corrected.

thats why n00bs should read the faq in the new members forum before posting, or they look like idiots and get flamed for posting in the wrong forum.

thats why n00bs should read the faq in the new members forum before posting, or they look like idiots and get flamed for posting in the wrong forum.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to play...

WHAT'S

MORE

LIKELYYYYYYYYY!!!!

(Audience cheers)

A man buys a new car. He bring it home and OH NO! He's run into a problem.

(Audience boo's)

It's ok folks. He's going to find help! BUT - we have to ask,

WHAT'S

MORE

LIKELYYYYYYYYY!!!!

"AHH - my bandy new (to me) totally awesome 99 LGT LTD is leaking green stuff all over my driveway! I need help! NOW!"

Some time later...

"OO - look, legacygt.com! Exactly what I need! I have one of those!"

Confirmation email...

"Even though I'm really excited to get this green leak problem fixed so I can enjoy my totally awesome radical ride - I should really read the FAQ's first like a good citizen."

OR...

"AHH - my bandy new (to me) totally awesome 99 LGT LTD is leaking green stuff all over my driveway! I need help! NOW!"

Some time later...

"OO - look, legacygt.com! Exactly what I need! I have one of those!"

Confirmation email...

"What is this 'Generation' hullabaloo? I don't care about no grandpa's. Ah, there it is - the forum for 99's. Hmm - guess mine's a 3rd Generation!"

just cause something is more likely to happen does not mean its in the right way.

asking for help on the forum without reading the basic FAQ is like looking something up in a book without looking at the index or table of contents. unfortunately there are date discrepancies depending on where and when you bought the legacy, with the chassis code being the only unifying descriptor. you cant be 100% idiot proof.

Good thing we're all in Japan then.

• 2 weeks later...
Same reason the N/A forums still don't list the 3.6 as an application...

And the same reason the 1994 is listed as a second gen.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived