LegacyGT.com

Subaru Challenge

quest

Anybody thinking of attending the Subaru Challenge at Gainesville Raceway on Oct 22? Im about to sign up. Dont see any other legy's registered. Check it out at SubaruChallenge.com

Jason

Cool, I would like to meet you. I have enjoyed your many useful topics even though I hardly ever reply. Guess im not a post whore. You should be able to get to Gainesville in about an hour but be careful, you will have to take some backwoods roads to get hare that are full of cops. If you are coming here Friday and Saterday I would stay in town unless you really want to party in Daytona Beach.

Jason

Cool, I would like to meet you. I have enjoyed your many useful topics even though I hardly ever reply. Guess im not a post whore. You should be able to get to Gainesville in about an hour but be careful, you will have to take some backwoods roads to get hare that are full of cops. If you are coming here Friday and Saterday I would stay in town unless you really want to party in Daytona Beach.

Jason

thanks for the heads-up, I know there's some backroads to take, which I am not worried about since that's my daily commute to work anyways (even though I can take a major highway).

I will be leaving work Thursday in the afternoon just before traffic and expect to be in FL by early Friday morning. I will stay at Daytona Beach Friday and Sunday.. I will be commuting from Daytona to Gainesville for the SubaruChallenge, so I will be heading back to the hotel on Saturday night.

Keefe

Keefe

Hi Guys I will be in Gainesville also, but since my son and I are both coming down from Charlotte, we are just bringing one car I believe. He wants to take his 2004 STI, but there is still a chance that I will have my Legacy there. Look forward to meeting you guys either way:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm registered, but my employer seems either unwilling or unwilling (:D) to let me make a request for PTO (Paid Time Off) before my name is in the system (I'm a new hire).

I gave him written notice 30 days in advance, but apparently that isn't good enough for this company. I'm trying like hell :)

I will definitely be at the Gainsville event!!! I wouldnt miss the Suby Challange for the world.

I look foward to seeing you there Keefe.

-Matt

Same here, hope you whoop my ass bad.. I am only running in STU with 2 other drivers. The 2.5 RS wont be there to run STS.

Keefe

• 3 weeks later...
Hopefully I will be able run. I am having a few issues that we are working on. I may set the car up to run in STU.

Counting down....

-Matt

dont matter to me, so long you are running a stock turbo and stock boost ;) (yea right, as if I am going to ask you to take apart your car to show me that you have a stock turbo and not some kind of 20G :p )

Hope everyone is studying the course:

http://www.subaruchallenge.com/GainesvilleCourse.jpg

Keefe

Most of you are probably traveling to Gainesville right now, but I will post this anyways...

Uhhh, I think I will be putting my rear sway bar back to stock to get me out of STU. Since this is my only MOD, I think I may be at a slight disadvantage in the "Unlimited" class. Not to mention my driving ability handicap...... Looks like there are several LGT's in DS, so I think thats where I want to be. Before I crawl under the car, does a rear sway bar really put this car in STU?

See you guys tonight.

--Jason

Had a blast!!! Best time was a 55.172 and placed 9th out of 42 people in SM. I was running a stock WRX turbo (TD04L) and still beat a large majority of the guys out there in modified STi's!!! There were definitely some pretty modified cars out there in SM and I was still faster. :lol:

Here are my runs:

TIMES: 1) 57.954 O/C 2) 55.929 3) 56.080 4) 55.172

Looking foward to next year. So far I have been to 2 Suby Challenge's and havent been disappointed yet. Thanks to Opie and the SouthEastern Subaru Region reps. for putting on these events.

-Matt

I had a lot of fun too, would have been nice to get a run on dry pavement though. I was in the first group, came in 2nd in DS with the LGT, but my times were a bit slower then yours on the wet (60.2ish) took 2nd.

After attending and competing in STU now I really want a rear sway bar NAD baetter brakes, other than that the cars handling is awesome!

Coilovers with stock brakes, stock sways and better tires goes a long way ;) Nice meeting you Opie

Finished with a 55.027.. I came in around 4th or 5th for STU since the 2 or 3 other national drivers (like Tom Hoppe) was there to run in an STi with a time of a 53.2xxx or something low like that.

Still had a good time, my co-driver almost dipped my car into the marsh :rolleyes: haha

Keefe

I just looked up the results, if I brought down my R-comps, I could have won ESP! Damn the pro-drivers for squeezing into STU :p

As for PAX, I finished 20th overall, which was 4 spots shy of the All-Star Challenge.. If I brought down the RS, I would have come in first and finished in the top 10 for sure. Maybe next year I'll bring the RS.

Keefe

Archived