LegacyGT.com

Misfire codes

twisty

i know this horse has been beaten to death, but i still have issues and questions. just hoping someone can at least help point me in the right direction of info.

ive had the 301&302 codes for a while now, ive replaced a ton of stuff to try to fix it. now it is only in error if im over 65 and coasting. if i go up a slight incline and put more into the throttle to maintain speed the code stops flashing. there is no noticeable change in the operation of the engine at any time during this, it seems to run smooth as silk, both in and out of error.

now here is my question... does anyone know of any resources of what the ECU actually looks at for the misfire codes? im an industrial programmer, so the logic wont be lost on me at all. there has to be a list somewhere of the permissives for the codes, as well as resets in the programming to check for recurrences and clearing. any techs have any knowledge of it at that level here? ive had little luck finding anything elsewhere either.

wouldnt hurt, ive bugged the hell out of my mechanic friends with it, hehe. im trying not to be a bother lately, since im getting work done for "free". i say it like that because i maintain their computer systems and give free labor when im hanging out in the shop hehe.

i did find some more info on what could cause the misfires that the ecu actually looks at, but some seem so outlandish as to be one-offs. like bad o2 sensors, since youd have that code as well, wouldnt you? burnt valves would make a bit of a performance issue and cause the code all the time i would think as well.

Archived