LegacyGT.com

Installing Amp and Sub...

Platinum_Racing

And I was wondering where the easiest place to pick up a line out would be. Should I just come off the rear speakers themselves by removing the door panels or should I try to pick them up from elsewhere inside the car? Also, are there any tricks to removing the switch plate to the left of the steering wheel? I'd hate to break off any tabs just prying on it without any idea of what I'm doing. Also, where is the easiest place to pick up the ACC wire to the stock radio?

Thanks guys!

That is exactly what I need! Thank you very much!

Do you think it would be practical to splice into the rear speaker wires as they come from the B-pillar into the door? I'm pretty confident I could get the rubber boot off, do all the wiring I need and still insulate and conceal it all inside the rubber boot. Do you think it would last if I did that or should I just go to the radio?

Also, what is the easiest way to get wiring through the rear seat into the trunk on the sedan?

I just ran my amp wiring under the driver seat not under the carpet then under the backseat
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

Haha yep sure was I just can't figure out how the use this jl cleansweep to the fullest right now. I want to use my ipod but the sound only comes out of the subwoofers not doors
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

I took acc from the ignition. I've had problems with signal/loop interference because the acc was too close to the RCA/signal wires behind the head unit.

So my acc is running down the driver side. 4ga power going down the passenger's side and the signal and RCAs down the center. This takes patience because you have to take apart half of your interior. Lol but its such a clean setup and ZERO ground loop or engine whine.

I'm running Memphis coaxial rears. Memphis components in the front. Polk pdx - I 12" woofer and a Rockford 5 channel amp. Clean undistorted bass and amazing highs.

I'm still using my factory headunit and navigation.

What are you using for to retain your HU

Hi/Lo conveters (2 of them, 1 per channel) behind the headunit. Don't cheap out on these since this is source your amp will receive its signal from. You don't want any ground loop or engine whine.

Im just using the clean sweep, its nice and super easy, like i said above just cant figure out why the AUX out only plays through the subwoofer and not doors or tweeters

Archived