LegacyGT.com

5EAT Ask your Questions!?!

^^^^

mine looks gorgeous on the stick as well. but its a whole different story when i drain some.

its easy. get under the car (safely) put your drain pan under the atf pan, put a party cup to catch the atf and drain a pinch out.

i would love it if someone would take a look.

hahah

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Stage 2, no tune. SOON to be E-tuned!

129k on the trans & tonight was the first time it hit the rev meter/limiter. Got butt hurt & tried to brake boost @ a dead stop. Didn't know if it'd shift into 3rd. Quote "you guna make up your damn mind yet" lol

After winter, my goal's 320-340awhp.

Question: To rebuild tranny when I send it down to you or leave it as is until it goes boom.

Rant:

Who else loves getting jerked in the parking lot cuz you let off the gas before the 5EAT shifts into 3rd. lol

This ALWAYS happens to me. Heck, just happened to me tonight! I began accelerating across the Wal-Mart parking lot. I felt it shift into 2nd, but right before shifting into 3rd gear, I had to slow down cuz pedestrians were crossing the street. My 5EAT decided to shift into 3rd anyways upon decellerating. Big CLUNK noise, & everyone looked at me like wtf lol

Edited by TehRicer

• Moderators
Stage 2, no tune. SOON to be E-tuned!

129k on the trans & tonight was the first time it hit the rev meter/limiter. Got butt hurt & tried to brake boost @ a dead stop. Didn't know if it'd shift into 3rd. Quote "you guna make up your damn mind yet" lol

After winter, my goal's 320-340awhp.

Question: To rebuild tranny when I send it down to you or leave it as is until it goes boom.

Rant:

Who else loves getting jerked in the parking lot cuz you let off the gas before the 5EAT shifts into 3rd. lol

This ALWAYS happens to me. Heck, just happened to me tonight! I began accelerating across the Wal-Mart parking lot. I felt it shift into 2nd, but right before shifting into 3rd gear, I had to slow down cuz pedestrians were crossing the street. My 5EAT decided to shift into 3rd anyways upon decellerating. Big CLUNK noise, & everyone looked at me like wtf lol

I don't understand a single thing you're saying here, sorry. Sounds like you got 99 problems and a bitch aint one...but your trans takes care of about 98 of those problems. Other one might be lack of thumbs required for typing full sentences ;)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Mine does that too and I hate it. The behavior of the 5EAT is bad enough I've gotten to where I pretty much shift it manually all the time now.

I don't understand a single thing you're saying here, sorry. Sounds like you got 99 problems and a bitch aint one...but your trans takes care of about 98 of those problems. Other one might be lack of thumbs required for typing full sentences ;)

It looks like other members know exactly what I'm talking about.

What's so difficult to understand? The tranny shifts up when you're decelerating. It's not a nice experience.

• Moderators

What's so difficult to understand? The tranny shifts up when you're decelerating. It's not a nice experience.

I really don't understand. My 5eat does not jerk into gear often at all. Occasionally I'll get a bit of a "bang" shift after running it hard when I upshift. There's sometimes a delay in responding to me telling the car to shift and then a bit of a hard shift into gear. That's it.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Hey Guys, I'm hoping someone can help me out or point me in the right direction...

I have an 06 2.5i auto trans and I admittedly waited longer then suggested to change the trans fluid. Stupid I know but whats done is done. I used the subaru fluid when I did it about a month or so ago. It seems to be a common problem but I can't seem to find a specific fix for it. When it's cold the first shift and sometimes following shifts are really really hard. I was hoping that the fluid swap took care of this but it was cold this week here and its doing it again. I've read that resetting the TCU seems to help some people but can't find the specific instructitions how to do this. I have a laptop. What else do I need. Once I have this cable (vag-com), what do I do? Thats where I'm lost. I hope someone can chime in and help me out!!

• Mega Users

The only time this is normal is when you are accelerating somewhat hard and then abruptly let off of the gas right before it shifts. I assume you were attempting burnouts in the walmart parking lot, because walmart.

I really don't understand. My 5eat does not jerk into gear often at all. Occasionally I'll get a bit of a "bang" shift after running it hard when I upshift. There's sometimes a delay in responding to me telling the car to shift and then a bit of a hard shift into gear. That's it.

The 5EAT is retarded as in it's "slow" to respond.

Here:

I'll accelerate. It'll shift into 2nd. (still accelerating) Now if I slow down, sometimes it'll shift into 3rd anyways upon decelerating.

The 5EAT is slow to respond. Often, it doesn't respond quick enough to know I let off the gas, but it decides to shift up anyways, hence the "jerking."

The only time this is normal is when you are accelerating somewhat hard and then abruptly let off of the gas right before it shifts. I assume you were attempting burnouts in the walmart parking lot, because walmart.

Congrats. Seabass, you understand.

& no, I drive casually. However, I do keep it in sport mode. It shifts smoother VS having it in Drive.

Hey Guys, I'm hoping someone can help me out or point me in the right direction...

I have an 06 2.5i auto trans and I admittedly waited longer then suggested to change the trans fluid. Stupid I know but whats done is done. I used the subaru fluid when I did it about a month or so ago. It seems to be a common problem but I can't seem to find a specific fix for it. When it's cold the first shift and sometimes following shifts are really really hard. I was hoping that the fluid swap took care of this but it was cold this week here and its doing it again. I've read that resetting the TCU seems to help some people but can't find the specific instructitions how to do this. I have a laptop. What else do I need. Once I have this cable (vag-com), what do I do? Thats where I'm lost. I hope someone can chime in and help me out!!

Your 2.5i has a 4EAT, not the 5EAT discussed in this thread.

Try resetting it by using FreeSSM

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/freessm/

Should that fail, you will have to go to the dealer.

I am sure it's been mentioned before, but I have an 05 LGT, and when I start it for the first time in the day, it hard shifts into 2nd. What am I looking for to fix this or just take it to Subaru?

I am sure it's been mentioned before, but I have an 05 LGT, and when I start it for the first time in the day, it hard shifts into 2nd. What am I looking for to fix this or just take it to Subaru?

There isn't much you can do. You can try changing out your old ATF for fresh new. The TCU tune for line pressure scaled to temperature is very aggressive. Once the fluid warms up, the transmission shifts much more gently. It's mostly a software thing.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Look at it this way, even if it does break, you don't have to pay $1500 for a "wear" item (clutch).

True but at the end of the day if you have a 5EAT rebuilt, depending on part and labor rates chances are you won't get away with a bill under 2 grand.

I'll post this here in hopes for a response, Every parts site I've looked doesnt show a difference in front axles/cv boot kits between manual and auto trans :confused: Is this actually the case that they use the same axle/boots? Doesn't seem right to me