LegacyGT.com

5EAT Ask your Questions!?!

Thanks. Any chance you could try to find the MPG display table? It's defined for the manual ECUs, but not the auto ecus

I think it's the same location for the same years... The 5MT and 5EAT Roms are pretty much the same. I used NSFW's definitions at one point and they worked.

i have a 2006 lgt jdm 5eat

when in manual mode 3rd gear under WOT @5400 rpm it decreases to 5150 then increase again as i have logged it to be sure.

anyone have an idea

Torque converter trying to lock up. It's normal.

Torque converter trying to lock up. It's normal.

Yea. My car has always done that as well.

but when its in Drive it is not happening!!!!

ok another question please,

i am going for stage 2 and i have a trucool cooler,

should i tune also the gearbox requested and calculated torque too????

if yes, does this have any bad impacts on the gearbox clutches?

thanks

ok another question please,

i am going for stage 2 and i have a trucool cooler,

should i tune also the gearbox requested and calculated torque too????

if yes, does this have any bad impacts on the gearbox clutches?

thanks

Yes you should. Not doing so will actually do MORE damage to the clutches because they will slip more.

If throttlehappy has them defined use his, if not let me know your rom ID and I'll find the calculated torque stuff for you.

Yes you should. Not doing so will actually do MORE damage to the clutches because they will slip more.

If throttlehappy has them defined use his, if not let me know your rom ID and I'll find the calculated torque stuff for you.

ok thanks,

i will get my rom ID and give it to you

any ecu tuning advice regarding the 5eat,

i am having 19 psi peak boost tappers to 14 @ rev. limiter

target boost is 19.5

i have 3" exhaust and catless downpipe and a 3 port cobb solenoid.

stock ej20x engine, vf44 turbo

ok thanks,

i will get my rom ID and give it to you

any ecu tuning advice regarding the 5eat,

i am having 19 psi peak boost tappers to 14 @ rev. limiter

target boost is 19.5

i have 3" exhaust and catless downpipe and a 3 port cobb solenoid.

stock ej20x engine, vf44 turbo

I can find the tables, but can't really offer advice on what they need to change to. My car is currently being rebuilt so I haven't got to test any of this myself. In theory you should try and make them look like the actual crank torque of your motor, but what works best in reality may be different. If you want to pay someone to do that part of your tune for you, ThrottleHappy and West_minst officially offer 5eat optimization tunes. I've also seen fahr_side do it on a 5th gen he was tuning for someone. Other wise you'll need to just make educated guesses and test.

The other option is a hexmods valve body. It works extreamly well and is a fully vetted solution. Best is to do both.

Edited by utc_pyro

Per someones request I found A2ZJD02G. It has two tables, I think one is for "eco" mode.

<table name="Calc Engine Torque B" category="UTC_Pyro Beta" address="60118" type="3D" level="1" scaling="RequestedTorque(rawecuvalue)">
<description>This table determines the expected Crank Engine Torque output relative to engine load and engine speed.</description>
<table name="Engine Load" address="600A8" type="X Axis" elements="12" scaling="g/rev"/>
<table name="Engine Speed" address="600D8" type="Y Axis" elements="16" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

<table name="Calc Engine Torque A (eco?)" category="UTC_Pyro Beta" address="5ff28" type="3D" level="1" scaling="RequestedTorque(rawecuvalue)">
<description>This table determines the expected Crank Engine Torque output relative to engine load and engine speed.</description>
<table name="Engine Load" address="5FEB8" type="X Axis" elements="12" scaling="g/rev"/>
<table name="Engine Speed" address="5fee8" type="Y Axis" elements="16" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

Edited by utc_pyro

Yes, I've been looking for that. Most of the tables in this rom seem to use the B tables over the A, at least when i'm in manu-shift mode.

But based on how these values are, i'd say A table is used. Throttle_Happy please chime in

Edited by JMLegacy

Yes, I've been looking for that. Most of the tables in this rom seem to use the B tables over the A, at least when i'm in manu-shift mode.

But based on how these values are, i'd say A table is used. Throttle_Happy please chime in

Ah, that would make sence. "B" in this case was actually the first table in the rom.

edit: fixed A and B in post above

Edited by utc_pyro

UTC_Pyro and Throttle_Happy, before and after:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu28s-JiFTM]Before: RT and timing on shift only[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ope5gRx6rWU]After: Calculated TQ & Requested torque + Timing on shift[/ame]

Much faster shifts now thanks. I recon first one shifted within 76ms, the second one with Calc TQ at 53ms (1st to 2nd gear) though the first one had a slighty faster 0 - 100 time as it was a night time run and smoother road surface

Edited by JMLegacy

Hey everyone! ok so I have don't a lot of research and going to garages and so such luck on my problems... I have 2005 Legacy 2.5GT 5EAT... its at 114k miles. tranny and diff flush at 98k miles... so when in manual shift mode only in first gear when letting off the gas to stop I get 2 clunks of metal on metal but it doesn't happen all the time maybe 4 times a day... and my problem is when I take a turn from a stopped position at full throttle there is a sound coming from the front drivers side tire and it sounds like a plastic bag shaking when holding it in the wind..best way I can describe that sound!!!!!! so if anyone can help me put it would help a lot...please message me

UTC_Pyro and Throttle_Happy, before and after:

Much faster shifts now thanks. I recon first one shifted within 76ms, the second one with Calc TQ at 53ms (1st to 2nd gear) though the first one had a slighty faster 0 - 100 time as it was a night time run and smoother road surface

Sweet man! Glad that helped.

You messed with the AT shift retard tables as well?

Yes. The first time i touched it i noticed it kinda lurches me a little more. But in a way that makes me think it is promoting slipping. Kinda like not coming off the clutch fully in a manual before hitting the accelerator again.

THe Calc TQ tables fixed that a somewhat, now i feel more comfortable having the power on earlier (from less retard) as now it spends less time shifting (with the CAlC tq adjusted)

I'm not sure if it's mind over matter, but thats what i felt.

Hey everyone! ok so I have don't a lot of research and going to garages and so such luck on my problems... I have 2005 Legacy 2.5GT 5EAT... its at 114k miles. tranny and diff flush at 98k miles... so when in manual shift mode only in first gear when letting off the gas to stop I get 2 clunks of metal on metal but it doesn't happen all the time maybe 4 times a day...

in 1st and 2nd you're not locked to the torque converter. when in first gear, there's a forward brake (I think that's what it's called?) that helps with deceleration. If you're on a decline (going down hill), even a slight decline, it has a tendency to grab harshly and make a clunk/clang.

My suggestion is to never downshift into first for the purpose of decelerating. Just coast into place in second. I don't drive a MT, but from the very short time I did when I was younger I know it was typical practice to never downshift into first, I figure the same would apply for an AT

in 1st and 2nd you're not locked to the torque converter. when in first gear, there's a forward brake (I think that's what it's called?) that helps with deceleration. If you're on a decline (going down hill), even a slight decline, it has a tendency to grab harshly and make a clunk/clang.

What a coincidence, happened to me this morning!

Had a free evening so I dug out the shift retard tables.

THIS IS VERY ALPHA! A2WF200C only.

<table name="Ignition Timing Compensation Shift Retard" category="UTC_Pyro Beta" address="c9a30" type="2D" level="1" scaling="IgnitionTimingCorrection(degrees)">
	<table name="Accelerator Pedal Opening %" address="c9a18" type="Y Axis" elements="6" scaling="rawecuvalue"/>	
</table>

<scaling name="Timing Compensation Retard" units="degrees" toexpr="(x*0.3515625)-45" frexpr="(x+45)/0.3515625" format="%.2f" min="0" max="255" inc="1" storagetype="uint8" endian="big"/>

<table name="Timing Retard AT Gear A" category="UTC_Pyro Beta" address="c9a80" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Timing Compensation Retard">
	<table name="Pedal Angle" address="c9a60" type="X Axis" elements="8" scaling="rawecuvalue"/>
</table>

<table name="Timing Retard AT Gear B" category="UTC_Pyro Beta" address="c9ad0" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Timing Compensation Retard">
	<table name="Pedal Angle" address="c9ab0" type="X Axis" elements="8" scaling="rawecuvalue"/>
</table>

<table name="Timing Retard AT Gear C" category="UTC_Pyro Beta" address="c9b20" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Timing Compensation Retard">
	<table name="Pedal Angle" address="c9b00" type="X Axis" elements="8" scaling="rawecuvalue"/>
</table>

<table name="Timing Retard AT Gear D" category="UTC_Pyro Beta" address="c9b70" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Timing Compensation Retard">
	<table name="Pedal Angle" address="c9b50" type="X Axis" elements="8" scaling="rawecuvalue"/>
</table>

<table name="Timing Retard AT Gear E" category="UTC_Pyro Beta" address="c9bc0" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Timing Compensation Retard">
	<table name="Pedal Angle" address="c9ba0" type="X Axis" elements="8" scaling="rawecuvalue"/>
</table>

<table name="Timing Retard AT Gear N/A" category="UTC_Pyro Beta" address="c9c10" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Timing Compensation Retard">
	<table name="Pedal Angle" address="c9bf0" type="X Axis" elements="8" scaling="rawecuvalue"/>
</table>

Still no word from the shop about getting the car back, so anyone want to test this for me?:lol:

JMLegacy, is this done in RomRaider?

So last time I messed with any tables regarding the 5EAT was to alter the requested torque in a couple of them, I forget which tables exactly, I can go back and look.

My point being, is there anything else I can adjust if I'm using AccessTuner Race?

I think the requested torque I have in there is like 400Nm or something like that.

Has there been any new development since those days when we were just messing with those two tables for those of us using ATR? That's basically what I'm asking.

I'm pretty sure ATR also has the shift retard tables in there, however I don't see value in messing with those. The TCU basically signals the ECU to pull timing when the shift point comes, and I think that's a good thing, right?

JMLegacy, is this done in RomRaider?

He did it in ECUFlash.

The timing retard tables are defined in Accesstuner though, so you can do part of what he did. Calculated torque you need someone that can add the tables. Talk to a pro-tuner if they can do this in AccessTuner Pro, or PM merchgod and ask him to define it globally (he works at Cobb now).

Ok, I formatted the ECU Flash XML to make it usable. Open up your ECUFlash directory, and up this in the definitions file for your ROM.

So far I've checked this with A2WC521R, A2WC521C and A2WF200C. If you have another '05-'06 ROM let me know and I'll look. It's pretty easy to find in ScoobyRom, just look for the table who's X-Axis maxes out at 13000

<table name="Calc Engine Torque" category="UTC_Pyro Beta" address="c164c" type="3D" level="1" scaling="RequestedTorque(rawecuvalue)">
   <description>Calculated Crank Engine Torque relative to [Load (G/rev) * (RAW) Injector scaling] vs RPM.</description>
   <table name="Engine Load" address="c15dc" type="X Axis" elements="13" scaling="g/rev"/>
   <table name="Engine Speed" address="c1610" type="Y Axis" elements="15" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

A little bird said you can bump the value to to 415, but I have not verified that myself. Car has been in the shop for two weeks with no sign of coming out any time soon.

Now if someone could point me at the shift retard tables...

Confirmed working on the A2WC521C :eek:

Could I convince you to find the timing retard tables too?