LegacyGT.com

5EAT Ask your Questions!?!

ben64, it depends how it is done. If the fluid is drained and refilled then no, the fluid that is in the torque converter is trapped there and is not exchanged. The only way to exchange all the fluid at the same time is to use a fluid exchange machine.

The control valve body is the brain of the transmission that makes it go vroom-vroom and shift gears.

How much torque do you expect from this turbo?

With a HexMods VB you should be okay to 400wtq, maybe more...

Do it Before the turbo or bravely risk watching the Tranny grenade on the dyno :)

So my 20g twinscroll met an untimely death when the clamp bolt broke and bent a few turbine fins. So rather than fix it it's being upgraded.

New turbo will be a 60-1 twinscroll with 9 blade turbine. :rolleyes:

Car will be tuned on 91oct.

Countdown to transmission/rear diff explosion? :lol:

So my center diff took a dump a year and a half ago requiring a new transmission. Local deanship refused to install the new one due to the debris floating around after this.

I want to install my Transgo valve body in the new transmission. Are there any filters or anything I need to clean/replace? Is it probably good to go as is? Should I just have them rebuild the new valve body with the springs/valves from the old one?

popped radiator on my 5eat. ordered new aluminum Koyo unit. I run my trans with external cooler with derale plumbed in the climber D preferred routing.

any ill affects from not having a cooler built into radiator, and just having the external unit?

friendly reminder to check your trans fluid level. Mine was about half way between the cold low/full and hot low/full marks. Put enough fluid in to bring it up to the hot low/full marks and it's feeling much smoother.

popped radiator on my 5eat. ordered new aluminum Koyo unit. I run my trans with external cooler with derale plumbed in the climber D preferred routing.

any ill affects from not having a cooler built into radiator, and just having the external unit?

Technically, yes.

1) in cold climates you don't have coolant to heat the trans up quicker.

2) the external can cook the trans too much, but thermostat should help.

Just watch your trans temps and make sure it stays safe.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Want to make power and not kill your '08-09 5eat?

Swap an sti 6speed in to it.

If you find a low miles lgt with a 6spd for 12k lemme know

were all just trying to have funnwith what we have

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

If you find a low miles lgt with a 6spd for 12k lemme know

were all just trying to have funnwith what we have

Yes, the better car costs more. Image that:lol:

12k is almost specB money too. It should buy you a manual LGT without issue.

Yes, the better car costs more. Image that:lol:

12k is almost specB money too. It should buy you a manual LGT without issue.

yea but its hard finding 08-09 one

I got my 08 with 29k miles for 12k, so I cant complain lol

• Mega Users
It can also survive at higher power levels. It depends on how much you beat on the car.

Why would anyone want to beat on a car after modifying it? Just stick with the weak link trans and baby the car after adding a significant amount of power. Makes sense. :lol:

Heats not really the issue at That point. Line pressure on the clutch pack wont hold the torque.

But you can increase line pressure by tuning Requested Torque and Calculated Torque tables in the ECU. Like this we are pushing 50kgm / 408whp through the trans in the BR9. Quick, solid shifts all day long.

Sent from a device using some software.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• Mega Users
So something actually came of that? Last I checked, it was inconclusive. I know it didn't seem to have a significant effect on the 05 5eat. There was a slightly noticeable change in shift hardness, but nothing like you get from a modified vb.

'05 ECU doesn't have the Calculated Torque tables.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

The requested torque table was the one to change on the 05-07 ecu. IDK if it does anything.

The target boost table makes a BIG difference in how the trans shifts. I've been tempted to set it to all 99.9 just to see what the car does.

The requested torque table was the one to change on the 05-07 ecu. IDK if it does anything.

The target boost table makes a BIG difference in how the trans shifts. I've been tempted to set it to all 99.9 just to see what the car does.

Higher RT values both raise the shift rpm points and increase line pressure, though the former is more obvious than the latter IME.