LegacyGT.com

Shooting for 10's on my daily driver

Yeah I'm ordering some kyb shocks in the next few weeks and some STi pink springs. Also ordering a areomotive fuel pressure regulator this week. Then I will slowly turn up the boost and add some timing into it. Also they let me run with no helmet because I had no idea that my car was gonna run that fast. I was gonna be happy if I was anywhere in the 12's I was shocked when I saw my slip. And I have heard of Howard but he doesn't hold a great reputation with some of the Honda guys down here. But I'm looking for a shop to tune my car a little better than what it's at

Update 5-2-12 car is out of the shop finally and the shop owner and I are discussing redoing the fueling system. I'm getting the areomotive 13109 adjustable fuel pressure regulator and the new updated dw fuel pump and another housing. Also ordering a larger thicker radiator, and a dccd controller

• 6 months later...
It would lope alot more if it didn't try to idle at 1200rpm, the shop that did the work on it previously could never get a half decent tune on it part of the reason why I'm on my 4th motor. But this next to round the motor is being built by me with my own two hands. So ill post up most of my specs and changes when I'm done, might be a while because I'm taking my time. And thank you for the the compliments.

• 1 month later...

OK, you're right that there are two different issues here.

1. The accuracy of the instrumentation after going to larger injectors.
  2. Whether or not actual fuel mileage is affected after going to larger injectors.

We know the answer to #1. For #2, my gut tells me that mileage will drop. But, as someone already said, it probably depends on a combination of factors including other mods and how you drive. In practical terms, though, anyone who goes to the trouble of modding the car is going to drive in such a way that mileage will suffer.

Well the goal of my car is not to beat a Prius in mpg, my goal is to break 11 seconds in my 4 door family sedan. I built this car because I like to have fun and I could care less what it does for mpg I would still be happy if it only got 9mpg

• Mega Users
Well the goal of my car is not to beat a Prius in mpg, my goal is to break 11 seconds in my 4 door family sedan. I built this car because I like to have fun and I could care less what it does for mpg I would still be happy if it only got 9mpg

Amen brother I love it.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• 1 month later...
Now you're confusing me. Are you contradicting your earlier statement? Or when you say "mileage goes down" do you mean that fuel efficiency improves?

The injectors don't change how the odometer works or how many gallons fit into the tank. If he goes 400 miles, and puts in 16 gallons he has to have gotten 25mpg. All the injector will do is show a false reading on the little display in the car. That's not the only way to figure out the gas mileage.