LegacyGT.com

Boxkita's wagon

boxkita

Hoping that it’s not too late of a post but if you want to retain the SRS and side airbags, this is my recommendation. I used the non SRS pieces at first but seeing how easy they can pop off i’d be scared to see what happens when a side airbag deploys. But as long as you run on no airbags, then that shouldn’t be a concern. Check my post

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5870227&postcount=666

Wagon sat so long, that I started buying parts for it:

s402 black interior - http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/seattle-wa-jdm-tb-sti-wagon-black-plastics-264012.html?t=264012

saving pics from post

TB STI black plastics for the wagon- C & D pillars.

33-58605 Upper rear gate trim- $90 Shipped

y4mKo0JcaxSWfnNKelbqRi3ORydUQB8SXSHGQ7mggiPH560sAv0QC9l4y94WyXLg9xY6jgxbwN44ZpZLycxow_LFcKfQi_ksCErGqgHT43CxWCqB7jG90GxXXnVoX1xUBPs0IIIigdF250d0kkLjHpl5m-ha5ImCoZgWqr9Fe_ImjhnAbJLqEsNIOebNLN8pFtcwORZKmdVDLlOkxXxlgqTXFIZWoeQlwXd_OjxUj0wThg?width=600&height=450&cropmode=none

33-00218 D Pillar Upper - $90 Shipped

y4mUcn7ad3o1_VI_d3WPsNlnKN2HF5ezpnmTXrObEVPFbrBYsBqFr0yCJ5rSpyYa-P_zin3WgKNO7PUQ3B37F5IS2sNAp0RIKEU-KWzXhkdTtQvNJSDHwbT5dFbmR_aDJxdTVFsymo5UGuHVJEIVjvkKR0rIRfhwse5wEQgkYH39-4nmjDJbKOW18dRYDAmupR8i1QF6PWWSsqyBexH3E4zXEsRDSC_hxt0Pec5fHLa2-o?width=600&height=450&cropmode=none

33-82361- C Pillar Upper $140 Shipped

y4mW5vT9JUTEQXpISQ2yEttj3NO9ohK0xeSDeHPn3cfIHUZrPzlMfVKR7_tnc0TSTMcHG-F0IGTmVEXFcqSF5sozOBHD9LwAafUFDmcv5prwGamWuOXR1hgXvG8lXBKaDZ52rA3bd7s0VjrD9ULaHVwMHQKLrifAs_H4Lki8yF5UQPQKhYGzGK_UQSvPxMQ9U0mTSLyx8Uycrrt3vgzr827zcYcok-uGODYapi8A1-EW9M?width=600&height=450&cropmode=none

"C-Pillar Lower" is really "D-Pillar Upper"

Hoping that it’s not too late of a post but if you want to retain the SRS and side airbags, this is my recommendation. I used the non SRS pieces at first but seeing how easy they can pop off i’d be scared to see what happens when a side airbag deploys. But as long as you run on no airbags, then that shouldn’t be a concern. Check my post

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5870227&postcount=666

As much as I'd like to swap these parts in right away, I'm not the owner of the wagon. The dog still controls the interior upgrades, so I don't have much too worry about yet.

However i appreciate the link.

The "All Wagon" meet at XXX drive-in?

Wife wants me to sell the truck and trailer to buy an aluminum flatbed. Then add a trailer hitch to street wagon, so can haul race wagon. I may have told her it was technically possible. She heard "piece of cake" and asks daily when I'm putting the truck on CL

Edited by boxkita

Wagon fest at The Ridge this season? I’ve been neglecting that track for some reason. It’s been probably 5 years since I’ve been to it, PIR is getting a bit boring and ORP you just never know if they are going to fold or not :(

• 2 weeks later...

Wagon is still at the shop. Getting the heads sorted took awhile...it is the busiest shop in the area.

Finally gave up on the black sedan ever becoming something, going to start parting it out. Got to find the title. Then do the part out thread.

Working on a date for the wagon(s) to get shined up by MrTris, then push them all outside for a photography session.

Going to try to get Boxkita to stand in the driver's seat again...it's been 5 years since I'd come back to find him fogging the windows and shedding fur all over the seat. He's not quite as flexible as he once was.

Edited by boxkita

Wagon meet?

Boxkita's wagon is returning to the track. Cause it's important to get that first cone hit out of the way early.

Come volunteer. We can run autox until dark at the end. Not really a meet cause have to work for your free runs. Mostly stand around and fetch the occasional cone.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/pca-pnwr-driver-skills-mar-30-2019-bremerton-motorsports-park-pacific-northwest-112743

Motor is out and heads seperated. Heads are at machine shop for detailed analysis. Current thinking is the valve guides are leaking.

Preliminary on the work done in my garage is we didn't make a mistake.

Stopped by to talk to Taylor who did the disassembly. Appereantly, we/I didn't put the sealer on 1 of the cam cages. It was leaking oil.

Still more was running down the valve guide so that's still the machine shop.

Maybe next week I get it back. Signed up for the Porsche driver skills on March 30. Want to get the first track day over quickly. Stocking up on blue tape for jdm front bumper.

At long last, Boxkita's wagon is among the living again. Got it out of the shop today and about 150 road miles on it. Still running the 5 years old gas out of it, but have managed to get 8 gallons of 92 clear pumped in. Hoping I don't have to pull the injectors for cleaning however it was on the todo list originally.

Managed to find a couple of fun roads... it's still the wagon I remember.

I wish I could say I took it easy and didn't hammer down at every opportunity, but I didn't get a ticket so that's good.

• 2 weeks later...