LegacyGT.com

Boxkita's wagon

boxkita

Having just bought a Mishimoto rad today. I can tell you the Koyo's tend to run about $100 more but from reading reviews have slightly better fitment and possibly better cooling. Although I found no evidence for the latter.

Having just bought a Mishimoto rad today. I can tell you the Koyo's tend to run about $100 more but from reading reviews have slightly better fitment and possibly better cooling. Although I found no evidence for the latter.

Yep true here!

The Koyo's are about 100-120 more than Mishimoto. They have about the same review on cooling but from my shop (said it was a little better in race conditions its slightly thicker IE more surface area, and the fins are shaped a little different to let air pass through easier)

I don't think you are, but IF you're 5AET neither the Mishimoto, nor the Koyo have trans coolers built in so you will need to get one of those too and intall 50-70, i got the universal one from Amazon that was rated for large pick-up (because future wanna be racecar)

I went Koyo because Mishimoto was on back order from Japan for 3 weeks... And this was at the end of my build, so i wanted it done ASAP

I just did my first HPDE with this car and want to create a solid list of what I need in order to continue to do these safely.

Not planning on racecar - just solid reliable HPDE car.

Thank you all!

HPDE & Racecar are synonymous on this forum. As soon as your car goes on a track surface, it automatically becomes racecar. However, until you actually enter it into a racing contest (with other people are racing with you), you do not have a RaceCar.

If you treat your LGT that you use for HPDE as if it was a racecar, you'll get more life out of your car, your tires, your brakes, etc. If you treat it like its a DD that you occasionally take to the track, expect to be paying for alot of repairs.

I was at my 2nd HPDE when I realized why everyone else had a second set of wheels, brake pads & disks. That was the one where I had to skip 2 sessions, drive to a tire store, buy the highest performance tire in the store and have it mounted on the spot, paying thru the nose for the whole experience. The HPDE I went out with a track only wheelset & matching brake parts; so much better experience. On top of which, I could still drive home on my DD setup.

I've got another HPDE in July and have been looking for a "cheaper" set of 17x8 wheels that I can mount my spare tires to. I have a set of dunlop sp01 tires with about 6/32" tread left that have seen the track once.

I also saw my temps spike at the track last summer, but it was 95 degrees outside. I have been toying with the idea of an aluminum radiator but can't really justify it.

I've got another HPDE in July and have been looking for a "cheaper" set of 17x8 wheels that I can mount my spare tires to. I have a set of dunlop sp01 tires with about 6/32" tread left that have seen the track once.

I also saw my temps spike at the track last summer, but it was 95 degrees outside. I have been toying with the idea of an aluminum radiator but can't really justify it.

Aluminum radiator is cheap compared to rebuild. :-) That said, as along as yours is in good condition, it'll work.

what size are your dunlops?

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

car still in garage. Engine still out.

While making a list of everything still needing to be done, found this pic. The Ferrari driver was the nicest guy. He let me follow him for 5 laps. If I can find the video, the sound is really awesome. When I finally passed him about a second after this shot, I had a big grin. :)

WagonPassesFerrari.jpg.2d16aa111f7e8663504fb99e30650949.jpg

• 8 months later...
He means the Momo knob. Technically, the Momo knob is not oem from the factory. It is a dealer accessory, so your "stock" interior may or may not have it. Unless you are really looking to sell that knob to Alex, I can hook him up. PM sent to Alex. Sorry if I stepped on anybody's toes.

He means the Momo knob. Technically, the Momo knob is not oem from the factory. It is a dealer accessory, so your "stock" interior may or may not have it. Unless you are really looking to sell that knob to Alex, I can hook him up. PM sent to Alex. Sorry if I stepped on anybody's toes.

No worries. if you can make the deal go for it. :)