LegacyGT.com

Members - What improvements would you like to see on Vendors.

Tide

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I only go into Wal-Mart for people-watching.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I buy my hunting license at a Wal-Mart, an occasionally ammo if we are low. Not much else, though.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I agree with the idea of advertising what you worked for. I also agree with going to walmart for lower prices on things. If someone wants to take business away from walmart go find a way to make things cheaper and i'll be there. That said, i hate going to walmart because people, in general, piss me off and even parking away from a lane that is in front of a door i want to run people over so i avoid it at all costs.

• 2 months later...
Got another thing that really bugs me with vendors, but I'm not sure how to improve it. Is there any way we can get them to stop posting the same add across their various forums. This is site is geared toward the Subaru Legacy GT. If you want to advertise your deals for Impreza based cars, go to NASIOC and don't copy/paste that ad here. Even if the exact same parts fit for the Legacy, tailor your ad to state that it fits the Legacy.

Plus include clear specifics as to which generation/model of Legacy the part fits.

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.

• 5 months later...

It would be great if there was a link to the "vendor" moderator, so when a product is sold, the poster can send PM to moderator and have the post removed.

Also, OP should delete everything in the original post and write SOLD.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

It would be great if there was a link to the "vendor" moderator, so when a product is sold, the poster can send PM to moderator and have the post removed.

I think that is a horrible idea. If that were to happen, how would I figure out the market price? I'd be going to nasioc, i-club, 2.5rs, etc. And guess what, they usually have impreza parts, not legacy (or gasp, outback).

I think our moderators are pretty on the ball about checking for people to follow the "rules" and asking if items have been sold to move the thread.

If anything, just plop SOLD next to the item. Nobody knows what you sold it for, who knows what you discussed over PM but the history is a good research tool.

Crap, just noticed this was a thread necro. Oh well. I'll just add some quick thoughts.

The vender news and classified is almost one and the same. Why not make the news just announcements for brand new products or something. Some of the threads in the group buy forum seem similar to a vender classified thread as well.

Its too bad we don't get more traffic, especially once subaru stopped offering turbo legacies. Dwindling member numbers means less vender interest.

• 2 weeks later...

A. This is about vendors not private sales, which is what you seem to be talking about.

B. There is a reason the rules are written as they are. It works. Don't question them.

C. Don't like the rules? Stay out of the marketplace.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

At first I thought that leaving knock-off vendors on wasn't a bad idea, but after reading some other posts I realize that if we want the best forum possible, having the best parts and vendors for said parts matters more than prices. If you want knock-offs go to ebay...now if a member buys one from ebay then provides a review in the appropriate sub-forum then more power to them that is what it is there for. But vendors represented by this site should sell reputable products.

As far as pencil pushers selling parts...if vendors are building and tuning cars as well as running a business they can't possibly be expected to be as active a member as those who are just middle-men. There are only 24 hours in a day and if you spend them all working you won't be around long. I don't think monitoring how often a vendor is on the site is as useful as the products and services they offer to the community being of good quality. We all know how quickly a good or bad reputation spreads in small communities like the subaru ones.

• 2 years later...
OK so you changed the vendors up but now I can't find the one I was going to buy a set of pnp HID from if you know the vendor please send me the info

Idk what vendor you're thinking of but I wouldn't buy lighting from anybody other than TRS

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
OK so you changed the vendors up but now I can't find the one I was going to buy a set of pnp HID from if you know the vendor please send me the info

My buddy is trying to start a vendor account for custom lighting service and only uses TRS products so keep an eye out for him. You'll be VERY happy.

Have him reach out to me when he registers on the site and before he starts promoting his product/services.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 1 year later...

I am a paying member of this forum and am just completing building a 2005 Subaru Legacy. With close to $85,000 invested in what will be one of the quickest 1/4 mile automatic Legacy's in the country. I did not use any of the vendors you currently list except for TH Motorsports and in my early days Grimmspeed! Obviously the group as a whole are all very credible sponsors of this site and hopefully they will continue to support the LGT community?

However, if your intent is to broaden and expand the participating vendors for my type of high performance build you need to add a Yimi Motorsports, Crawford Engineering, GST, Snail Racing, Equilibrium Tuning, Cobb Racing, or in my case M-45 automotive (which is owned by Tony Klink, who hand built and drives the worlds fastest carbureted Volkswagen Bug, which turns high 9's @ 124 to 128mph in the 1/4 mile).

I realize that these folks are all on the West Coast. But my particular vehicle uses technology and products from all these folks along with many fabulous custom parts as well. The above vendors open up a whole new level of successful products for racing opportunities with the Subaru platforms that may not be available to your members today!

Bye the way, I have several $1000's of parts that were used to break in our new motor for 3 hours then removed, all are in excellent condition and were new for the break-in. I would like to send the information on the 20 items to anyone interested in purchasing them?

Thank you for your input. Several of those vendors mentioned are considering becoming vendors.

And for those items you have to sell, post up those items in the Member Marketplace.

The rules for those forums are stickied at the top of each.

Thank you again for the feedback and look forward to seeing your items for sale in the Marketplace.,

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived