LegacyGT.com

lowering springs 1998 outback

outback_wagon805

im having trouble finding springs for my car i tried ordering h&r springs but from what i was emailed, they are back ordered until late march, and have not had any luck finding any. maybe it is just me and not looking in the right place, if any one had information on where to get any it would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a 97 outback can I use the Wrx/Sti springs and struts the link details the legacy not the outback. I just want to confirm this before I go buying some from a used source.

If so does anyone know how much of a drop the car will have with them? thanks for the info fellows..

yes it will bolt right up. I belive it dropped 3.5'' in the rear & ~3'' up front on my 97ob with 02wrx strut/springs. Just took a few hours to swap super easy.

Thanks Bro..

any idea what years are best to use or what years NOT to use? need to slam this rig..

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3506716&protectingf=2

this should answer most of your questions. If you want to get low, look for some lowering springs for the front instead of the stock front springs. You'll understand after you read it.

thanks again, I saw that link but I was confused cause it was under legacys and I wasn't sure if the outbacks were the same. I'm kinda new to subaru's even though I have had a WRX before never a wagon..

1st gen outbacks are 2nd gen legacys with a body spacer and different steering alignment, or something like that. After i put the wrx suspension on I wish I'd had of put lowering springs up front. I'll do that when it gets warm again.

[ame=http://www.flickr.com/photos/74481746@N08/6714729601/]dropped 001 | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

Archived