LegacyGT.com

Disrespecting Vendors

Tide

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot I made that stupid west african scammer post. :lol: Yeah, that should have been deleted. What's funny is that late in the thread, just like shadowimg, I made a serious post with a valid inquiry and that got deleted.

Nevertheless, new vendors with new products dodging certain questions justifies a precautionary consumer.

Nevertheless, new vendors with new products dodging certain questions justifies a precautionary consumer.
Ding ding ding we have a winner.

I've pretty much stopped personal comments to ads ( price, product, description, appearance, etc ). Made mistakes over the years on some items, noob-ness and insufficient research on my part mainly.

If someone's willing to hand over $1500+ of their money on a new vendor, especially one with cryptic-at-best responses about their product(s), more power to em. Just don't come crying/hating later, buyer beware.

We don't think its appropriate for individual members to enact "justice", if there is an issue specifically with a Vendor operating outside what members think is fair or satisfactory on the board, then report the Vendor and let the staff investigate. Obviously we don't want bad Vendors on the board. But given everyone will have different interpretations on what is appropriate, best to leave it to the staff to judge everyone as equal as possible.

It definitely shouldn't be seen as 'justice' -- but it's a forum, not a web store. New products coming to market should be available for discussion. Caveat emptor applies here, but we're here to share knowledge. That's really the whole reason we're here, to benefit from each other's experience so we don't have to do it all ourselves. If we're just going to turn it into a web store and not allow members with knowledge on the subject ask relevant questions on a new product, then what good is the forum?

I think you guys are looking at the wrong side of this incident. You know the Subaru/Legacy community well, especially where it comes to the products available. There is nothing to say this vendor won't come through and doesn't have a great product -- but his introduction definitely hit a lot of giant red flag buttons for anyone who's dealt with car parts / internet car forums for a while.

I'm sure he's learned from this as well, and hopefully he'll come back with data and shut us all up. But there is equally a chance he'll never come back because he was trying to pawn off eBay turbos on here at a premium to unsuspecting internet buyers.

We don't think its appropriate for individual members to enact "justice", if there is an issue specifically with a Vendor operating outside what members think is fair or satisfactory on the board, then report the Vendor and let the staff investigate. Obviously we don't want bad Vendors on the board. But given everyone will have different interpretations on what is appropriate, best to leave it to the staff to judge everyone as equal as possible.

We'll be looking into providing members with a 'Vendor Feedback' type forum in the future. I'm sure many Vendors will appreciate having a place to help improve service.

so if I understand you correctly.....if we have an issue with a vendor on the board you don't want us to bring it up on their vendor thread? If this is the case then you'll need to bring in that "vendor feedback" in sooner then later. especially when you send emails and PM's and get no reply. sometimes the only way to get a response is to post your dismay on their thread.

And under the current set up the way to let others know there are issues with a particular vendor, or learn that others are having similiar issues is to post up on the thread.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Wow. Looks like Baller got it rough out of the gate.

Every forum has a slightly different "feel" to it. Even then the members change and so does the community on every forum. Addmittedly we get more "respect" from the lgt crowd than we do on other forums. But, we also started here, as regular donating members not vendors. I still own 3 LGT's of my own, even if only 1 is currently on the road.

Tide has done a good job of trying to build this forum. It gets larger every day so more comparisons to nasioc are expected.

Having been on both sides of the vendor/customer relationship I must say that a little patience is always appreciated.

so absolutely none? right? I mean, based on what I observe daily on the forum this place is just short of NASIOC in the member to member treatment department.

i disagree with this statement, this forum is far from degenerating into what nasioc has become.

staff and members here have been pretty good for the most part in keeping this forum one of the better ones out there.

i disagree with this statement, this forum is far from degenerating into what nasioc has become.

staff and members here have been pretty good for the most part in keeping this forum one of the better ones out there.

you should spend more time on the forum.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

This is an awesome forum. A lot of questions are answered even if its a common question, and if its not answered your flamed into the right direction. I saw the post for the new turbos, and a lot of people on this website are informed buyers. It just seems both parties need to learn a little something. People on this forum wont just buy any random part without their questions answered, and vendors better do their homework before you pitch your product. Either way, most of us cant manufacture Turbos, so showing the guy thats trying to provide us with a product should warrant some patience. You never know what we could be missing out on if you flame vendors away from the forum, its counter productive. Best bet is to tell them what they need to improve for their product presentation..... which was pretty weak.