LegacyGT.com

Disrespecting Vendors

Tide

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are plenty of noobs that are lazy beyond 'fixing'. If they don't pick up the hints, chances are high they will never 'get it'.

Vendors may support the site costs with some fees but OTOH they, like the mods, should be held to a higher standard of behavior. Having paid some fees should not entitle anyone to try and hustle the members and not get called on it.

Respect is earned, not demanded.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

If this is going to be in effect, I would suggest a bit more stringent filtering of your criteria for vendors and their announcements. I'm operating under the assumption this thread is in response to this one: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/new-vendor-new-turbo-pump-and-more-176508.html

Unfortunately several posts with valid questions and comments were deleted, but quite frankly, unless you guys vetted this vendor and wish to put your own names behind their quality, I don't think you should prohibit us from questioning it.

I haven't seen cases where a good vendor has had any trouble getting respect here. I *HAVE* seen cases where shitty vendors ran all over their customers here.

People have every right to challenge and question new vendors, I agree. You have to feel comfortable about where your money is going and who you are giving it to.

Tide and the other mods would probably agree with the above statement. They aren't asking you to bow down to vendors. They are asking you to change your approach.

Bad approach:

"OMG baller industries what a lame name! Your turbos must be baller-bearing turbos" Here, let me even make a lame logo for you just to make fun of you a little more.

The thread contained more critiquing than legit, laid-out questions. Everyone made it clear how sketchy this guy seemed, and how lame his company name was, and where credibility was lacking... and we are all entitled to that opinion... but I did not see many clear cut questions asking for this additional information. If there were specific questions, they were smothered in-between all the bashing posts, idiotic responses, all of which are from people probably not even in the market for his products.

You want answers? Stop acting childish and freaking ask questions. Perhaps a better approach would lend more response from this new vendor.

Good approach:

Can you give us some of your background, do you have a website? Referrals? How can we feel confident purchasing products from you? What are your plans for test cars, proven results, etc, etc? What are your capabilities? Why should I buy from you?

Sure, that is all in a perfect world... but if I were buying from someone I didn't know, those are the questions I would ask.

Then again, this is the internet (not a perfect world)... so its hard to expect that exact response. I think the moderators are asking for a little better approach and some constructive criticism rather than useless bantering. Its tough to say "grow up" to a bunch of people on the internet, but in effect, that is what they are trying to say.

I am not standing up for baller-instustries nor are we affiliated - just standing up for forum moderation. The forum has changed in the past 5 years, I think all of us that have been here a while can agree with that.

How does it cost become a vendor? Edited by fahr_side
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Maybe more donations will allow admin to raise the bar for vendor applications. If even mutts like me can apply...

Forgive me of being critical of how the mods handled this, but:

You want answers? Stop acting childish and freaking ask questions. Perhaps a better approach would lend more response from this new vendor.

My deleted post:

Originally Posted by ShadowImg

BNR started off with similar responses, go read their thread. He delivered on a product though, and is now a bit of a fixture here. You want some credibility? Send him one of your turbos to inspect, send m sprank a fuel pump, etc.

Your post later in the thread (not deleted):

Originally Posted by CasopoliS

The big players on here are BNR and Infamous, but it would probably be conflict of interest for them to help out (particularly BNR). There are others you could approach for that help though... perhaps there is even someone local in Miami. And obviously - you need to get some miles on some turbos. Good luck. New ventures can be an uphill battle for a while.

A not deleted post that I would understand being deleted:

Originally Posted by joeleodee

Will your aksept a casheers check for $10,000 for all parts? I'm a business mogel from West Africa interested in enterprising these. I'll send a courier to pick up the parts and you can send the remaining balance wired western union to my brother in law who's fighting cancer in the States and must pay for treatments.

To be fair, the person who responded indicating the conflict of interest had a valid point, as do you. Though the conflict of interest post is rather confusing since my post it was referencing was nuked.

As far as the name though, I'm sorry, but if you CHOOSE a name that you know will get some ridicule, and you're on an internet forum, you should expect some ribbing and roll with it. If it offends you, you're not going to make it as a vendor or even as a member for the most part. I would suggest the moderation team handling vendor status take it upon themselves to work with potential vendors on this sort of thing beforehand. You should not expect the member base to handle this for you.

aaannnd I'm still waiting for my email:rolleyes:
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

If it is Fiode Fynamics, don't hold your breath. It took 6 months to get a replacement set of ballasts.

Edit: Vendor name changed to prevent disrespect.

Edited by BAC5.2
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

like I said...always honored their warranty whenever I have a problem. lack of communication/delayed responses is frustrating.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos