LegacyGT.com

Coilover adjustments and how it affects Corner Balancing and even Ride Heights

drewster

I think what I'm trying to achieve is an even ride height (and wheel gap) between the left and right sides of the car. It sure seems like measuring the length of the coilover from say the lower chassis mount to the spring perch and making sure it's the same on both sides doesn't guarantee that you'll end up with an even ride height. And I'm guessing that if you corner balance a car, there is no guarantee that the results will get you even wheel gaps between the left and right side either? Is this a correct assumption?

So what's the best way adjust coilovers for even left/right gaps? Trial and error adjusting the perches, getting the car corner balanced, or what?

All of your assumptions are pretty good. The way I used to adjust mine was to add in a few more threads in the coilover on the driver side to compensate for my weight. I never had an opportunity to corner balance but if you do thats awesome.

• 3 years later...
I think what I'm trying to achieve is an even ride height (and wheel gap) between the left and right sides of the car. It sure seems like measuring the length of the coilover from say the lower chassis mount to the spring perch and making sure it's the same on both sides doesn't guarantee that you'll end up with an even ride height. And I'm guessing that if you corner balance a car, there is no guarantee that the results will get you even wheel gaps between the left and right side either? Is this a correct assumption?

So what's the best way adjust coilovers for even left/right gaps? Trial and error adjusting the perches, getting the car corner balanced, or what?

What? You want both????? To even the ride height, measure from the fender lip to the center of the hub ( as in the wheel)) Want it perfect? have someone sit in the car. You cannot balance the car when it is not sitting on the tires and springs.:)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived