Cryotune performance review

2009 specb

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As of this morning, I've been CRYO-TUNED!!

It was a pleasure to work with Dave Bigley! I Really like the way he outline the process and plans for follow-up communication.

Given Dave's professional approach, I was not surprise that Lucas @ Carz Performance was awesome with his totally professional dyno set-up. This was a great and safe experience.

By the way, Cryo's refined stage 2 tune is a great improvement over the prior stage 2 tune done by another Colorado business.

I highly recommend Dave and know that he will be around for any follow-up needed or for any questions that come up.

STUFF: CNT catted DP, AEM dry panel filter, GrimmSpeed AOS, ProDrive cans, GrimmSpeed 3-port EBCS and L7 grille badge (good for additional 7.47 WHP and 11.11 WTQ).

GOALS: I'm and old man with old man reflexes, so I was looking for a somewhat conservative tune which gets me to the speed limit quickly and pulls the passes well while keeping me out of trouble. Thus, there was power and torque left in my Depends.

DYNO: SuperFlow.

THE NITTY GRITTY: 211 WHP and 361 WTQ (through a 5-EAT). Boost peaks @ 16.5-17.0 psi.

Very Groooovy Baby!

Edited by t^Lewis7
corrected boost numbers

The car felt good and we definently made it smoother than your previous dyno tune which was the real goal all along rather than increase much power output. This tune was designed to be safe, taper up top and still maintain the low end grunt and midrange passing power.

Our final boost target was set to hit 16.5-17psi peak on the street.

The tq reading is higher than it should be and was realized at a lower rpm than normal which shows it was because of how the dyno was loading the car during the start of the pull. I wish i could say it was truly producing that torque on the street but it all comes down to being happy with the driveability.

Glad you enjoyed the process,

Dave

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Quick question, once you tune a car, are you able to reflash a stock rom back to the ecu if need be and make the car look like it was never flashed?

Yes its possible to revert back to a 100% stock map if you decide to sell the car or want to return to stock for any other reason. Its very easy and i have copys of all the stock roms availible to go back to.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to chime in and give my $0.02.

Recently I made quite a few changes to my leggy. Pulled out a FMIC, deleted my TGV's and LGT manifold, added a ceramic coated STi manifold (port matched to the TGVs), phenolic spacers and perrin inlet. The smart money was on me not really needing to do much to my tune, but my sensors disagreed. My Spec was runnin' lean.

Spent some time with Dave last night, and he got me dialed in. Not only is the car feeling that much better, he also dropped some knowledge. All and all, a great experience. Give Dave a call!

-Ryan

By the way, Cryo's refined stage 2 tune is a great improvement over the prior stage 2 tune done by another Colorado business.

Who did the prior tune? If you don't want to say publicly, can you please PM me? I would like to know for comparison's sake.

Who did the prior tune? If you don't want to say publicly, can you please PM me? I would like to know for comparison's sake.

Probably should report my experience for the good of the Forum: Revolutions Performance in Colorado Springs could not service what they sell. I simply had one question about the need for an upgraded tune for a given mod since I lived 250 miles away at the time. No one would return my 3 phone calls nor respond to my 2 emails even though I was encouraged to call and send data logs to make sure all was well after the original tune. Maybe Adam or Matt were sick or something but when I inquired regarding this to give them the benefit of the doubt, I was told he would be back in touch with me. Seems like lip service now. Way too much $ for what I got; IMHO.

Totally different story with Cryo.

figured I'd snap a few pics after tuning this past saturday. Wish they could have been cleaner but then again it was about 15 degree's out when I took these and that was the warmer part of the day...:)

Thanks for the positive comments, I really appreciate it.

Dave

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h314/WhiteRushin02/3Legacys.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h314/WhiteRushin02/3Legacys1.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/Stage2/IMG_0092_zps370127e4.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/Stage2/IMG_0094_zps6273af2f.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
was a good day plus it is always nice to meet another LGT owner. gt border we need to play som call of duty black ops 2 ninja_bullet- is my ps3 name. send a invite. also anyone else that wants to play send a invite with LGT in the friend invite message.

• 2 weeks later...

All PM's, Emails, Revisions and base maps sent out,

Also added a few changes and updated some customer pics and reviews on the website at http://www.cryotuneperformance.com

Thanks and have a GREAT WEEKEND!

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have an 06 SpecB - Stage 2 tuned by Cryotune performance and just wanted to give some feedback. It was a great experience overall, Dave was very friendly and gave me a lot of good knowledge. I had previously had an open source tune before being referred to Dave and was pretty happy with it. I didn't think the tune could get much better than it was to be honest. Once Dave had finished his final touches on his tune, my car felt AMAZING! I didn't realize that I had a few flaws in the old tune. He was able to talor the tune to my driving style and for the colorado roads. Again, the overrall experience was great. I would deffinelty reccommend Dave to anybody needing a tune! Thanks Dave!

Thanks man, I am happy your still enjoying it months later!

Glad we could get that spec running tip top.

btw heard about your recent issue, glad to hear it was a simple coil pack replacement fix.

Just a reminder for everyone that we also offer local Dyno tuning on an AWD dyno.

Have a great weekend.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]