LegacyGT.com

Official Suspension FAQ - Swaybars - Struts/Springs - Coilovers - Alignment

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no one on my facebook really gives a shit about cars. all of my car friends are outside my fb circle. i need to change that. i feel a mass deletion coming on.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

Can anyone help this noob with a parts/price list for a full suspension replacement including GR-2's, camber bolts and front and rear sway bars? I have the basic parts tracked down through various websites but I'm having trouble understanding what else I'll need to put it all together.

So far all I have definitively are the KYB GR-2's at $76 each for front and $74 each for rear, then EZ Cam bolts for $23 per axle coming in at $346. Should I get new boots and mounts as well, or is that a waste?

edit: Found the RalliTEK sway bars in the upgrades thread, my only question now is whether or not I should/do I need to replace the links along with it?

Sorry guys, I feel like such a newche (a portmanteau - you can figure it out..) right now..

Edited by harrumphicus

yes but just for tires. the one i posted did everything and even list out in the bottom how much or less something will be. ill test it out when i get my new wheels.

according to it my new 206/40/18 will be .4 inches shorter and run more clearance for the spring perch and sit 11mm farther out. my car will almost have an inch wider track.

If you want WRX springs on your current Outback struts....you just need the top hats.

It will be a crappy setup though. Match the springs with WRX struts as well and you will be happy

John, is this the thread to ask which year WRX or STI steering rack might fit with the 2nd Gen Lego?

• I Donated

I would say so.

And to be honest, I think any of them will fit. However, lines may be different threads, so you may have to swap power steering lines....I'm not 100% sure. I've never done it before.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

WRX and STi racks will only fit onto turbo crossmembers. Also, the steering knuckle has to be modified.

Annnnd the SS rack has the same steering ratio as the second Gen GT's do. That would be 3.2 turns lock to lock. WRX is 3.0 and STi is 2.5 turns..

Kenny, you rock! I've got an 02 and a 04 WRX new at the pick and pull to go grab parts off of now.

....Soooo the turbo crossmember....does that transfere over to my car as well or does my EJ25 turd mess that up? Let's face it, that motor's days are numbered in my car but I really just need to save that mod for last after I get most of my work done.

Edited by TexasLegacy2.5GT

Your headers will not fit with a turbo crossmember IIRC

This is a good point. I've only ever looked at a turbo crossmember once and I don't remember anything specific, but the design could be different enough to where you may not have enough clearance for NA exhaust

This is a good point. I've only ever looked at a turbo crossmember once and I don't remember anything specific, but the design could be different enough to where you may not have enough clearance for NA exhaust

Man, I wish I could do the steering rack swap before the motor swap, but if that's the case that sucks!!!

I bet if you got longer studs and had someone make you some spacers, or cut off some flanges from the junk yard you could make it work lol.